BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
4,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Now that the Winter is coming, it would nice to have heated steering wheel. Anybody have one for sale? With or without airbag don't matter I think.
And BTW, is the outside diameter difference between single and dual stage for the four spoke? I hope so but not so sure.

· Registered
13,625 Posts
...And BTW, is the outside diameter difference between single and dual stage for the four spoke? I hope so but not so sure.
You can check this for yourself using realoem.com ...but I believe the newer styled 4-spoke steering wheel 9/01-up has a 385mm diameter...which is the smaller than the older 4 spoke steering wheel which is something like 391 mm (this may not be exactly correct...for some reason I'm having a brain fart as to the diameter of the old style 4-spoke wheel...but it is 39xmm).

The 3-spoke steering wheel from around 9/99-up is 379mm...where as the older 3-spoke steering wheels are 385mm..

· Freude am Fahren
6,455 Posts
Gloves aren't nearly as nice as a nice warm steering wheel in the morning.

BMWTips.com has extensive information about this. It is rather confusing.

· Registered
4,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You can check this for yourself using realoem.com ...but I believe the newer styled 4-spoke steering wheel 9/01-up has a 385mm diameter...which is the smaller than the older 4 spoke steering wheel which is something like 391 mm (this may not be exactly correct...for some reason I'm having a brain fart as to the diameter of the old style 4-spoke wheel...but it is 39xmm).

The 3-spoke steering wheel from around 9/99-up is 379mm...where as the older 3-spoke steering wheels are 385mm..
Thank you Qsilver7, I was in there Realoem.com but I don't how you can get the diameter. Nevertheless, I got the answer that I want from you guys, I wanted heated but not feeling like a boat:).
Thank you all for your inputs. Now let's see if I can find one that is in decent shape.

· Freude am Fahren
6,455 Posts
Thank you Qsilver7, I was in there Realoem.com but I don't how you can get the diameter. Nevertheless, I got the answer that I want from you guys, I wanted heated but not feeling like a boat:).
The 4-spoke does feel a lot more like a boat than the sport wheel, but most people don't have sport and deal with it.
Good luck with it. I've been mulling the possibility of swapping it in and out along with the winter tyres. I think it's too much work though.

· Registered
4,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The 4-spoke does feel a lot more like a boat than the sport wheel, but most people don't have sport and deal with it.
Good luck with it. I've been mulling the possibility of swapping it in and out along with the winter tyres. I think it's too much work though.
The dual stage 4-spokes is a bit smaller and not as boaty feeling:thumbup:. Any way, You're right about swapping it in and out with the change of seasons, I wouldn't do it niether. But this is for my dedicated Winter ride E46 330XI;). Here are some pix of 330XI

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.