BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've popped the footwell light housing (#63316962009) out of its opening but I can't open it to get to the bulb. Not sure how to get black cover off to get to the bulb (#63217160797). There are clips on either side and I don't know how to manipulate them to lift the cover off. I want to replace the bulb with a colored one, maybe reddish or bluish, and would also like to know where I can look for these colored bulbs?

A done deal. Got wedge red bulbs, size 194.

·
Registered
5 Posts
bulbs

I wanted to be rid of the white lights too, after taking out the lights in the footwell, no simple feat!, I tried red LEDs they were terrible. I put back originals and used some redish / orange transparent plastic (plastic file folder) and just taped it over the light. It's perfect, and compliments the beige interior.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wanted to be rid of the white lights too, after taking out the lights in the footwell, no simple feat!, I tried red LEDs they were terrible. I put back originals and used some redish / orange transparent plastic (plastic file folder) and just taped it over the light. It's perfect, and compliments the beige interior.
I finally did figure out how to replace the bulbs. Used cheap red bulbs, and they seems to be working OK. However, a reddish/orangish bulb would ahve been ideal. The colored plastic over the standard light is a very good idea.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
UPDATE:

Colored existing bulbs with two coats of orange Magic Marker and one coat of red...jsut about axactly matches the color of my dash lights (reddish-orange). Looks great. Here's a picture of the new colored overhead light in my 2002 325i:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts