BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a question.

I bought my '03 525i about a month ago from an independent dealer. He told me the car had Xenon, but few days ago I realized that this was not true. I want to think that he made a honest mistake.

Anyway, the driver side low beam is not as bright as the other one. I'm looking now to replace both halogen bulbs with something whiter and brighter because, I really hate these stock yellowish low beams.

I'm looking to buy a pair of Hoen Xenonmatch, but I don't know which one would fit in my E39. (H7, H8, etc)?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
you should change over to xenons !! But also, are you sure one of the headlights are not pointing down and the other up? (giving it the illusion which you described)

In any case, you, yourself should have known BEFORE picking up the car whether it had Xenons or NOT.:rolleyes:

When i shopped for mine, i told the sales guy dont show me any E39 that dont have xenons, no matter how good of a deal the car was. (yea, im that much in love with xenons :tsk: )

Naturally, i checked each car for zenons even after he told me that specific car had the option.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Well, this is my first bimmer and since, I've never had a car with Xenon before, I didn't know what to look for. The guy told me it had Xenon and I just believed him.

Well, after I bought the car and since it still has factory warranty, I went to the BMW dealer and asked them to do a full service on the car: It got new brakes, new rotors, new instrument cluster, arm bushings, battery, alternator, oil change, door seals to fix a creaking noise on the doors, etc.
I also ask them to adjust the headlights, so unless they don't know how to do that job, the headlights are not pointing down.

I was thinking about changing over Xenon, but they are really expensive and I would rather improve the nasty audio system (non-DSP) by first adding a Basslink II in the trunk and then replacing the front speakers with MB quartz.
Also, my budget is now a little tight because, I just got a newborn, the hospital bill was more than expected so, I'll be in "Ca$h Conservation Mode" for a while.

·
Registered
133 Posts
TimeOut said:
I got a question.

I bought my '03 525i about a month ago from an independent dealer. He told me the car had Xenon, but few days ago I realized that this was not true. I want to think that he made a honest mistake.

Anyway, the driver side low beam is not as bright as the other one. I'm looking now to replace both halogen bulbs with something whiter and brighter because, I really hate these stock yellowish low beams.

I'm looking to buy a pair of Hoen Xenonmatch, but I don't know which one would fit in my E39. (H7, H8, etc)?

Thanks
H7 Phillips blue vision or Sylvania silverstar, don't waste your money on hoen. Hoens are not any whiter than the aforementioned; yet they cost more and burn out the quickest. And how do I know this?

·
Registered
115 Posts
I thought xenons were standard on all e39's from 01-03. I have never seen one without. Are you sure you dont have xenons???????????????

·
1.888.JLEVISW
3,247 Posts
One option are our Predator Xenix bulbs which are xenon colored halogen replacement bulbs. These just simply swap in place of your stock xenon bulbs and will produce a whiter light output than stock. You will need H7 application for your stock halogen headlights.

http://jlevistreetwerks.com/store/p...d=259&osCsid=81953db747958f3c40d558b1ce827d43

If you are looking to get a true factory xenon setup, you can purchase our Projector39 package which are complete headlight replacement kits. These are brand new facelifted and projector based headlights that completely replace your stock headlights with a projector based xenon system and built in angel eyes. These feature a full lifetime warranty, installation guide, plug and play install, email/phone suppor and everything you need to complete the install :)

http://jlevistreetwerks.com/store/p...id=71&osCsid=81953db747958f3c40d558b1ce827d43

·
Drinker w/ Riding problem
596 Posts
TimeOut said:
Well, this is my first bimmer and since, I've never had a car with Xenon before, I didn't know what to look for. The guy told me it had Xenon and I just believed him.

Well, after I bought the car and since it still has factory warranty, I went to the BMW dealer and asked them to do a full service on the car: It got new brakes, new rotors, new instrument cluster, arm bushings, battery, alternator, oil change, door seals to fix a creaking noise on the doors, etc.
I also ask them to adjust the headlights, so unless they don't know how to do that job, the headlights are not pointing down.

I was thinking about changing over Xenon, but they are really expensive and I would rather improve the nasty audio system (non-DSP) by first adding a Basslink II in the trunk and then replacing the front speakers with MB quartz.
Also, my budget is now a little tight because, I just got a newborn, the hospital bill was more than expected so, I'll be in "Ca$h Conservation Mode" for a while.
Hello,
I just bought mine 03 530i and its still under warrany. I am just wondering how do you get them BMW dealer to fix all that for your car? What do i need to tell them to check on everything and replace what s bad?
Thanx.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
jonnywong said:
Hello,
I just bought mine 03 530i and its still under warrany. I am just wondering how do you get them BMW dealer to fix all that for your car? What do i need to tell them to check on everything and replace what s bad?
Thanx.
I have a friend who is mechanic for this BMW dealer. He personally did a thorough inspection on the car and then took care of everything with the warranty: Instruments cluster replaced (had dead pixels). For the brakes; new pads, rotors and sensors. Control arm bushings replaced. Oil change and alignment.

The battery failed later on. In a second visit, they found that the alternator went bad and killed the battery. I also asked them that day to fix an annoying creaking noise coming from the passenger door and they replaced the seals around the door. Also added the four missing jacking pads which fixed the wind noise coming the windshield when driving at 50MPH. I had to pay only for the jacking pads.

I guess in your case, you can pay an independent inspector to go through the car, make a list of issues and then bring the car to the BMW dealer and ask them to fix the issues.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.