BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
There and back again
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've posted the route and schedule for my cross-country trip in the Atom to my website at http://www.atomacrossamerica.org/Trip/. There will be lots of opportunities for California 'festers to see the car, and I'll also be hitting lots of interesting places on my way back to New York. Don't know what an Atom is? Click here.

·
Astigmatic Visionary
2,802 Posts
Congratulations in advance Terry!:thumbup: I hope the weather spirits smile on you.I'll be waiting breathlessly for your updates.Luggage in a duffel bag on passenger seat? Have a ton of fun !!

·
There and back again
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
machmeter said:
So, what do you do when it rains? :eeps: :eeps:
Get wet! :mad:

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
I've seen a couple on Angeles Crest Highway in the LA area. They are more impressive in person than in the pictures! I love the frame's weld quality on the two I drooled over (one had the K20 motor!).

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I love the video on the website -- it looks like so much fun to drive.

·
Padawan
1,430 Posts
Crud, I'd really like to see you drive through So. Cal., but I'm going to be in Europe next week! Have fun on your "Atomic" adventure!

--J.

·
Ex-Dictator
26,111 Posts
Terry Kennedy said:
:rofl: :rofl:

Congratulations Terry! :thumbup:

It looks like it's going to be a lot of fun. Keep us updated and be safe!

·
There and back again
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Alex Baumann said:
Congratulations Terry! :thumbup:

It looks like it's going to be a lot of fun. Keep us updated and be safe!
Here's the car:

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
Patrick said:
That is just absolutely awesome! You rock, Terry! :thumbup:
Totally agree! Terry, there isn't a car guy on earth who doesn't envy you! What a trip! Please keep your 'fest friends updated now and again. I sure hope the weather cooperates.

·
There and back again
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
LMC said:
Please keep your 'fest friends updated now and again.
For the SoCal contingent, I'll be in Huntington Beach from the afternoon of the 10th to the early morning of the 12th (then to Crystal Cove and on to Death Valley). I'll be visiting with a few of the local denizens - if you're not "in the know" with the schedule, give a holler on the hotline at 551-580-0100 and leave a message with a callback number and I'll tell you where to meet me.

·
We want the Lion!
7,771 Posts
Two words: you suck :)

(just kidding; there are few cars that would make me sell my classic MG. The Atom is one of them, a Caterham is a close second.)

Congratulations!

·
Vegan, not Romulan
12,826 Posts
Terry, how much time are you going to stop at Tail of the Dragon and/or Blowing Rock? I might drive up there to meet you and check out the Atom.

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
What would your car be classified as in the Autocross racing events? Would your car be the fastest in it's class? Where I race, my 6er is in the same category as a Subaru WRX Sti, so obviously, I'm like the slowest car in my class.

·
There and back again
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
What would your car be classified as in the Autocross racing events? Would your car be the fastest in it's class? Where I race, my 6er is in the same category as a Subaru WRX Sti, so obviously, I'm like the slowest car in my class.
Interesting question. At the moment I suspect it would be at the discretion of the sponsoring group / organizers, since there aren't enough of them yet. Once NASA classifies them, most groups will probably go along with whatever classification that is.

·
There and back again
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Terry, how much time are you going to stop at Tail of the Dragon and/or Blowing Rock? I might drive up there to meet you and check out the Atom.
Probably not much beyond arriving at a motel in the early evening and then moving on around 11 AM or so. If you want to meet up, drop me a note closer to the date (to make sure the schedule still holds).

·
Vegan, not Romulan
12,826 Posts
Probably not much beyond arriving at a motel in the early evening and then moving on around 11 AM or so. If you want to meet up, drop me a note closer to the date (to make sure the schedule still holds).
Will do. I'll call you if I can get the time off work.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts