BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My favorite parking garage at 54th and 8th is scheduled to be torn down. It was the best for one huge reason... you could park the car yourself. Wide spaces, good security and never a bad experience parking my BMW there.

I'm looking for something accessible on the 1/2 line, although preferably in TriBeCa near Greenwich and Hudson. Self parking in a covered garage is best, although I will entertain valet if the valets don't play bumper car parking. It happened to my friend at the Lincoln Center lot, and I won't let it happen to me.

Good experiences count the most. My cost cap is 450/mo for parking.

Thanks guys!

·
Premium Member
11,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
robg said:
Alee-

What's going on? Are you moving to the city? Are you going to be commuting on a regular basis? I ask because you quoted a target monthly fee rather than an hourly or daily fee...
It's not 100% official (waiting for a stupid piece of paper from the condo saying they waive their right of first refusal), but otherwise yes, I'm moving at the end of this month. Movers scheduled, townhouse being packed up, and a load of money sent to the broker, so I'd say I'm 99% there.

I wasn't going to let the cat out of the bag until I got the official word, but looks like robg has broken the code. :) Probably jinxed the whole deal too. :p :D

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
alee said:

It's not 100% official (waiting for a stupid piece of paper from the condo saying they waive their right of first refusal), but otherwise yes, I'm moving at the end of this month. Movers scheduled, townhouse being packed up, and a load of money sent to the broker, so I'd say I'm 99% there.

I wasn't going to let the cat out of the bag until I got the official word, but looks like robg has broken the code. :) Probably jinxed the whole deal too. :p :D
Oh no you just did your self in:tsk:

They called me for a reference today and I told them I was really surprised you were moving there since you hate the Yankees:lmao: :D Oh and I mentioned your unhappiness with the squigee guys being put out of town;)

·
Premium Member
11,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
PM 325xiT said:

Oh no you just did your self in:tsk:

They called me for a reference today and I told them I was really surprised you were moving there since you hate the Yankees:lmao: :D Oh and I mentioned your unhappiness with the squigee guys being put out of town;)
I wrote on my application that I was a squeegie guy, self employed. Annual income, $50 and a pair of Nikes. :p

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
alee said:

I wrote on my application that I was a squeegie guy, self employed. Annual income, $50 and a pair of Nikes. :p
:lmao: :lmao:

That should seal the deal then:thumb:

·
Premium Member
11,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
joes325xi said:
You can park your car at my house in brookyn - $300/mo plus driving privileges :D . It would look nice next to my dad's e65.
If I parked in Brooklyn, my wheels would be gone before dawn. :D j/k... I was working getting a place in Brooklyn Heights when this place came around.

·
Premium Member
11,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
robg said:
Cogratulations-- I think. Where will you Zaino your car now? Sorry for "breaking the code". :)
Finding a self-park would be a start... I'll Zaino on an empty level. :D Seriously though, since my monthly mileage will drop from about 2500 miles a month to 500 miles a month, I will probably just drive somewhere and do my washing and my car won't get nearly as dirty anyway.

·
Premium Member
11,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: Re: Wanted: Best parking garage in NYC

Patrick 320d said:
OK, I get it. 450/mo CANADIAN DOLLARS. How much is that anyway?
450 CAD is about 1.50 USD. :thumb:

No, my max is 450/mo in US currency. I should reasonably be able to find a parking spot for about 275-300/mo, but I'll pay more for a better lot.

·
Banned
20,151 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Wanted: Best parking garage in NYC

alee said:
450 CAD is about 1.50 USD. :thumb:

No, my max is 450/mo in US currency. I should reasonably be able to find a parking spot for about 275-300/mo, but I'll pay more for a better lot.
Wow, the Canadian dream of "1=1" is pretty far away then. :D

Anyway, I hope that you DO find a good self-park garage that doesn't cost that much ... didn't know parking could be so expensive.

Patrick

·
Premium Member
11,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: Re: Re: Re: Wanted: Best parking garage in NYC

Patrick 320d said:
Anyway, I hope that you DO find a good self-park garage that doesn't cost that much ... didn't know parking could be so expensive
You'd have to be an idiot like me, or really have a need for a car to park in NYC. :D

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
alee said:

Finding a self-park would be a start... I'll Zaino on an empty level. :D Seriously though, since my monthly mileage will drop from about 2500 miles a month to 500 miles a month, I will probably just drive somewhere and do my washing and my car won't get nearly as dirty anyway.
But you detail spray after you drive back to the garage:tsk: :D

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Wanted: Best parking garage in NYC

alee said:

You'd have to be an idiot like me, or really have a need for a car to park in NYC. :D
Idiot ~ Al come on give yourself some credit. You're eccentric:thumb:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts