BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
In earlier posts I had gotten hit . Got the hood to pop open and got pictures of the inside . I am hoping to fix this because a lot of people that seen it say its fixable but it will be costly . I understand that and I am willing to fix it, but every person that came to see it told me that its not worth it because it will be more than the cost of the car . No problem . If it is fixable then I want to get it fixed . Any advice on where to start or what I may need to repair will be appreciated . It is a 08 328i . No insurance so im paying everything cash. Thanks for your time!

Attachments

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
remove everything that has got damaged and check it for yourself.

the frame that holds the fender can be easily bent back.
The bar that goes parallel to the wheel and holds the bumper is a bit more tricky. If it's bent, it has to be cut open, get straightened and welded back.

Remove the bumper and measure its mounting points on the bars compared to the corners of the windshield in a cross pattern. That will tell if the left bar is bent.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Do you have insurance for this?...did an adjuster come to look at the car and give you an estimate?....are you not reporting it?......

a professional body shop would charge anywhere from 2500-4500????? guestimate to repair that damage. They could also tell you professionally if it is worth fixing.

doing it yourself is a bigger task than it looks, but if you are very handy....it is possible.

Take everything damaged off the car so you can inspect the frame rails, radiator, electric fans, bumper supports, inner fender structure, strut and suspension mounting points, door hinge area, ect....

One possibility is to get everything off the car and have a local body shop or frame straightening shop true it up for you. get it all back to spec. then replace the broken stuff with new or used panels, ect. Its one thing to try to replace panels yourself, but to get everything straight underneath is another story.

not trying to dissuade you, just making sure your eyes are wide open

JP

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bumper taken off Updated pics

I took the bumper off after some time. With the damages that can be seen in the pictures what do you guys think needs to be done. The car still starts. No airbags have popped up. Besides the obvious in the picture what can you guys estimate the cost at? For sure I need a new radiator and new fans and new intake. I dont think it has done damage to the engine because it still starts up but without having someone to look at it i can only use advice for now. Thanks

Attachments

·
Kinda officially welcomed
416 Posts
Why not find a pink-n-pull and just grab as much as you can from the front end of that car. Even if you don't think you need it, get it. There are always little tid bits you miss when ordering parts for a collision job.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.