BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow bimmer fanatics. I have a '95 325i and I want to buy an intake of some sort. I have no knowledge of what to get though. I am wanting something in the 100-200 dollar range, and that really looks good and improves the performance.

Also on a random note: my notifications center on my center console says I should check my coolant level. I have never trusted the things it says, but what should I do?

Thanks!!! :)

·
BMWCCA HPDE Instructor
23,464 Posts
Hello fellow bimmer fanatics. I have a '95 325i and I want to buy an intake of some sort. I have no knowledge of what to get though. I am wanting something in the 100-200 dollar range, and that really looks good and improves the performance.
A cold air intake will not improve performance. The only thing you'll get out of it is a nicer induction sound. Also, if you install an intake without a heat shield, you'll be losing power, since the factory airbox is already a sealed cold air induction system. And you won't find anything in your price range with a heat shield unless you find a used one.

Also on a random note: my notifications center on my center console says I should check my coolant level. I have never trusted the things it says, but what should I do?
Have you actually checked your coolant level?

·
Import and Euro Fanatic
263 Posts

Thanks!!! :)
welcome to the fest!

debaffle the stock box, get a used one with a shield, make your own shield, and/or expect to spend more money.

check coolant level in the rad and reservoir. if it is full check sensor on bottom of res. if it is unplugged plug in, if corroded clean it. if neither of those fixes it, then you can replace the sensor or cut the wires and connect them together, no more notification...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts