BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all hope some one can help i have a 320 i se on a 2000 plate and i have a warning light on the dash shaped like an engine i now know that it is the exhaust emissions have deteriorated the problem is i cant get to the bottom of the problem i was told dirty cat so got cat clean no differance told plugs replaced them still on and running lumpy ive now ordere a coil pack and considering the lambda sensors but ive contacted three dealers and they dont seam to know how many i would need 1 has said 2 1 has said 3 and 1 has said 4 could any one please help many thanks Andy

·
Noone Special
684 Posts
ok, your check egine light is on........that could be a million things. Get the codes read out of the veh and post them here. With that infomation we can start helping you figure out what is wrong.

·
You can call me Bill
827 Posts
No offense, but try a comma once in a while, it may even get you a better answer to your question. First, you should get the codes read and post the numbers here. We can probably help you a little more with that information rather than just guessing.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I understand about the codes but when i took it to a local garage for for a diagnostics test was told that nothing could be found out while it was running lumpy. Im new to owning a bmw so i take it the garage ripped me off and charged for telling me nothing then. Can any one inform me as to what test i have got to ask for to get the codes, thanks Andy

·
Noone Special
684 Posts
if your check engine light is on, there is a code in the car. could you take a picture of the light on in the cluster. And you can buy a code reader cheap and pull the codes out of the car yourself

Ok as far as the lambda sensors I am not sure what your engine is......if it is a 4 cylinder you have 2 lambda sensor, if it is a 6 cylinder you have 4 lambda sensors. If you pm me your last seven of your vin I could look it up better.

·
Noone Special
684 Posts
good question, I am not sure when they change over. Look under your hood on the p/s by the washer fluid res and look for a round screw connector. If you have the round connector under your hood then you need the 20 pin, if you don't then you need the 16 pin. But I believe most 20 pin kits are just 16 pin connector with an adapter you add on to make it a 20 pin.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.