BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Nice Guy
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
P7200052.JPG

This is what my dashboard looks like. The warning light with the shape of the car has been there for about two weeks and I have no idea what it's telling me. All the exterior and interior lights work fine. As far as the warning light in the middle, BRAKE, and ABS warning lights go I have no idea. I got my rear breaks replaces 15k miles ago and my breaks are working FINE. Nothing is wrong except for these lights. Also, those last three lights I mentioned will go on and off. I will turn the car on and they will stay on. Turn the car off and the lights go away, then I drive a little bit and they turn on, start to break and they turn off, etc. What is going on with my car? Should I just reset all the electrics?

·
Registered
904 Posts
ooops. hit post before i finished...check your tail and brake lights contact points. Sometimes a bit of corrosion builds up and can throw the rear light warning. Could also have an "iffy" filament in a bulb as well.

·
Registered
568 Posts
this has also happened to me in my car ..the rear warning lights would go on and off like when breaking and driving ..all through out the day ..so i checked my rear blubs ..found some black plastic corrosion that was melted on to the blub and that cause the warning lights to come out cause it was shorting in and out ..all i did was taking a sharp object and little by little scraping the black corrosion off the bulb making sure there was no contact with the plastic hitting the metal part of the bulb ,,put the bulb back in the housing socket and no more rear warning lights to this day!

·
qk
728 Posts
your traction control system is disabled. this might be caused by many things, such as wheel speed sensors, steering wheel angle sensors, faulty dsc unit, your abs seems to also have been disabled this is probably a seperate issue or might be related to the traction control issue. looks like you need a computer readout

·
Nice Guy
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
i just had my wheel speed sensors replaced about a thousand miles ago as well, these BRAKE and ABS lights are starting to get ridiculous because they are costing me $1k every time they turn on

·
Registered
26 Posts
id be suspicious of your ABS unit since it is what makes the traction control and ABS work and if its on the fritz the brake light would be likely to come on

1 - 7 of 7 Posts