Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
When will then be now?
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Correct me if i'm wrong, but I read somewhere (I think Nat Brown mentioned it) that there is some kind of mounting bracket or holder for the warning triangle. I assume the triangle stores on the side wall of the trunk on the driver's side on E46 sedans. :dunno: Does anybody know the part number to this bracket?

Thanks a bunch!

Michael

·
2,457 Posts
I believe it mounts (folded) in the toolkit, right in that empty slot that runs the length of the kit. It opens to a triangle with a fold out piece on the back...

·
When will then be now?
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Aha! I tracked down the part number for the bracket, if anyone is interested:

51-47-8-265-682

Cost is around $3 and should be available from any U.S. BMW dealer.

Larry, I thought about the empty space in the toolkit, but the warning triangle I have (from Circle BMW) is too big to fit in there. I think I might have a generic triangle, as I've read the "real" triangle isn't available in the U.S. :confused:

Ahh well. Thanks for the help!

Michael

·
AWD? In California?
133 Posts
That long rear slot in the toolbox is for an alignment tool (sorry I don't have any details) that's not given to US cars.

·
Registered
94 Posts
If you look at the plastic tray on the left hand side of your trunk you will see a 1" x 2" recess. Above it about 6" is a rivet holding on the sidewall panel. Remove the plastic rivet and install the bracket in its place. The triangle stands vertically in the recess and bracket.:thumbup:

·
A sudden sense of liberty
3,939 Posts
Karl said:
That long rear slot in the toolbox is for an alignment tool (sorry I don't have any details) that's not given to US cars.
Are you talking about the wheel alignment tool? This is a metal rod with a plastic cap on the end. It's used in mounting the wheels. The plastic cap fits into one of your lug bolt holes, with the metal rod sticking out. The wheel can then be hung on the metal rod while you put in the other four lug bolts. I've got one; I think they came with M E36s, but I don't know if they come on M E46s, now that they've ditched the spare.

On my E36, I also have a long, U-shaped piece of stamped metal in the toolkit (long and flat with the sides curved up). According to TFM, this is used to manually extend the rollover protection bars in convertibles. I assume that the E46 cabrios have something similar, but I don't know.

My car (which was originally Euro delivery) also has a warning triangle. The triangle is pretty large, and comes folded into a blue plastic case approximately 2" X 4" X 18." On the E36 cabrios, it sits horizontally/longitudinally in a slot on the left side of the trunk.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I looked on my Triangle case and the only number on it is
1095-457. That does not seem to be enough numbers compared to other BMWS part numbers. :dunno:

·
4,073 Posts
WRS said:
I looked on my Triangle case and the only number on it is
1095-457. That does not seem to be enough numbers compared to other BMWS part numbers. :dunno:
7 digits is all you need, as long as you know what model the part goes to. Any dealer could find the complete part number based on the 7 digits you have.

·
When will then be now?
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The full part number for the triangle is:

71-60-1-095-457

Ahh, the perks of ED. Maybe next car. :(

Michael

·
Registered
128 Posts
Here's what it looks like. I just went out to take some pics for you guys. It looks like in order to mount it all you do is pop out one of the plastic rivot/plug things and us it to mount the bracket.

I have a us spec car too but I got it factory direct through military sales.

This one is with the triangle in place.

Attachments

·
Into the dark ages
1,523 Posts
in_d_haus said:
I think we need help from our european or Canadian friends on this one. It's not a US option.
nope...even us Canadians got ripped off on this one. no warning triangle or 1st aid kit.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts