BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello people. This is first time making a post. Ive read several peoples post that have been helpful, so I'm hoping for the same results. I've got a 06 750i with a little smoke pouring out the tailpipe which i know is the valve stems because I've done the pcp valves which have cut the smoke done tremendously (thanks to the forums on here:thumbup::thumbup:).
Curious if anyone knows of a extended warranty coverage package that would protect my car the best. Thank you in advance

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello people. This is first time making a post. Ive read several peoples post that have been helpful, so I'm hoping for the same results. I've got a 06 750i with a little smoke pouring out the tailpipe which i know is the valve stems because I've done the pcp valves which have cut the smoke done tremendously (thanks to the forums on here:thumbup::thumbup:).
Curious if anyone knows of a extended warranty coverage package that would protect my car the best. Thank you in advance
I don't have any extra warranty coverage :(

I have the same issue with the white smoke. I heard that ATP AT-205 Re-Seal Stops Leaks helps (I have it on order) but I have not verified. Also running 0W-40 full synthetic oil formulated for BMW helps as well but I have not verified this yet (next oil change).

I just had a question related to your original post.

When you say pcp valves do you mean blow off valves? Or is it the CCV crank valves (Orange rubber one on each side of the engine)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTptfhPJBOs

Just wondering since I might do that next if it helps.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes, i meant to type CCV valve. i had them replaced and it helped a lot. However, I still have some smoke after the car has been idling for while while sitting in traffic.

·
Registered
4,751 Posts
most aftermarket warranties will find a way to not cover the repair. For example if your car has the issue before you buy the warranty most of the time it's not covered. If you go with a reputable warranty company you may have some luck but there is a limit to how much can be spent on repairs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts