BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Little Odessa
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i just got my 2006 750i with 70.000 miles, i have a question, my factory warranty is end now i called to AA Auto Warranty and they price me $4000 for 4 years or up to 100.000 warranty bumper to bumper or $1900 for additional 100.000 miles to 170.000 miles or 5 years for power train plus some electrical alt.starter.power wind motors and air conditioning labor and parts, i am actually choose second option for $1900,
what do you think, how reliable 750i,
my car is looks like was a highway car i looked inside the muffler and there is no black spots even clean metal

·
Keeping it surreal
43,211 Posts
Third party warranties can be tricky places....go over it with a fine-tooth comb *before* signing on the dotted line....you want to be 110% sure about what`s *included*, and what`s *excluded*, and if there`s any form of co-payment required.
These things are always a crapshoot....you`re gambling that something IS going to happen to the car, the warranty company is gambling that *nothing`s* gonna happen....sometimes, you`re better off taking that $4,000 and putting it into a separate interest-bearing account somewhere, as a "rainy-day fund", to be used for any needed repairs. If you`re lucky, and nothing happens to the car, the dough is still in *your* pocket, not the warranty company`s....

·
Registered
7,276 Posts
Hello and Welcome :hi:

·
Freedom isn't free!!
19,826 Posts
Aftermarket warranties are usually not worth it at all and bogus.
Jake, that's not true. What Bob says is the ticket. There are some very good aftermarket warranties. It's actually not hard to find one that is more comprehensive than the BMW CPO warranty.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts