Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My washer fluid is disappearing somewhere. I fill it up and there is no leaking. But when I use it, some time later, I get a low fluid warning and need to fill it back up. It is literally disappearing somewhere. No puddles on the garage floor.

Any ideas? Splashing out when driving? Leak in the pump?

·
Nuclear engineer
02/2012 X5 35d M57Y CPO 99K miles NOKIAN WR G3 12K miles
17,463 Posts
Leak from the tank, from the pump, or most of the tubes would be on the garage floor sooner or later. Only a leak in the interior will not make it to the garage floor. Watch for a wet spot in the headliner or flooring.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I dont know if it been changed on the newer models. But my x3 was loosing fluid and i could smell it. It turns out in bmw wisdom to put a join in the pipe that runs from the tank to the rear washer. Mine popped off and leaked all the fluid into the rear passenger footwell. I needed to strip the seats and carpets to fix and dry out.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Bimmerfest mobile app

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I appreciate that thought. I would hope since I appear to be losing it as I drive that it is the tank itself. I would think if it was the joint, I would only lose it when I use it. I barely use it at all. Like 1-2 times and never in the rear window. Maybe a break in the tank seam?

·
Nuclear engineer
02/2012 X5 35d M57Y CPO 99K miles NOKIAN WR G3 12K miles
17,463 Posts
Then why no puddles?

A system cannot work as intended if it is not used. I might use a gallon of WW fluid each month.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Now that the constant wet floor of winter is done, I think I solved the problem. Sticking headlight cleaning valve. Changed both and so far, no problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts