BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a problem, and I have done a search. My wipers work fine, but my washers don't work at all. I recently installed a new/used washer pump. There were two wires, violet/ black and brown/black. I connected these up to the pump. I also connected/checked the wires that go to the front of the washer resivour. Still, nothing happens; I don't hear the motor turn on at all. I looked at Bentley's and they suggest to check the fuse which I'm sure is good because like I said, the wipers work fine. Bentley's mentions checking the relay, but if the relay was bad, would the wipers work? In any case, I'm tired of pulling into Hess stations and finding empty washer buckets and dry squeegees. I'd really like to have winshield washers, and any help or suggestions you can provide would really be helpful. :dunno:

·
Registered
E92 07 328xi, 04 F350 6.0, 92 Jetta Carat
2,507 Posts
yeah the washer motor. also hook a compressor to you washer hose running from the tank to the top of the car to make sure it isnt blocked there as well. i also i have ran into the t connector up top by the nozzles will be blocked or broken.

·
another E30 nut
916 Posts
i had a similar problem. I hooked the pump striaght to my car battery. Its one of the easiest ways to eliminate that possibility. Turned out my connector was corroded

·
Registered
57 Posts
Blocked washer

One squirter is blocked. The other works. Is there an easy way to clean it out or do I have to go to a junk yard and get a replacement? Also, if I go around a curve, my wiper fluid light comes one. Anybody dealt with this one?

·
Registered
E92 07 328xi, 04 F350 6.0, 92 Jetta Carat
2,507 Posts
Seattlemike said:
One squirter is blocked. The other works. Is there an easy way to clean it out or do I have to go to a junk yard and get a replacement? Also, if I go around a curve, my wiper fluid light comes one. Anybody dealt with this one?
hook a compressor to your hose and blow it out. i had to do that a couple of times. also take a look under the hood with the squirter thing is to make sure it is still connected to the hose. You might have to take the hood liner off some.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hmm...the curve thing sounds like your washer tank is too low...but assuming you've checked that, you may just need to replace or clean the plug in sensor on the tank.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts