Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I get randomly a code that most possibly can be the wastegate stuck open.
anyone dealth with this before? or could i be i need to clean my turbos. im at 180K mile and i owned car since 50K and never done anything with turbos. i am not a hard driver but i do drive fast once on open highway. most of the 180K miles are due to long weekend trips or annual vacations. i have very short drive to work. and 40% of that i take another car.
anyways thanks in advance and everyone stay safe and have great weekend.

·
Super Moderator
8,137 Posts
Based on TIS, it looks like the turbo is only sold as a complete part, along with the actuator.

A turbocharger with variable turbine geometry and without a ”wastegate” valve is used for turbo pressure control. On the exhaust side there are adjustable blades on the outside of the turbine on rotating bearings. These guide vanes vary the driving power applied to the turbine by the exhaust and therefore adjust the required charging pressure. The adjustable blades are adjusted by a control lever on the turbine housing. The steering column adjustment lever is activated by an electrical charging pressure actuator (electric motor with worm gear and control electronics). The charge-air pressure actuator is mounted directly on the turbocharger and cannot be replaced separately.

https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/f02-750li-lim_201308/components-connectors/components/components-with-y/y127-charging-pressure-controller/Wzlk1MN

1 - 2 of 2 Posts