BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search on this topic and couldn't find anything; I was curious if there's every been talk about putting the comfort access features into a wrist watch. This way you don't have to carry around anything but your watch.

I understand there are risks with such device, but I think it would be damn cool.

·
Registered
91 Posts
never heard that, but not interested. So you'd be forced to give up your current watch? I paid too much for my watch to not use it. Oh yeah, I also like it.

How about something you can carry in wallet? A key card maybe? that'd be cool..

·
Would Rather Be Driving
40 Posts
Nifty ideas (note Mazda's keyless entry uses a big key card looking thing). However, I think it is just as convenient or more convenient to have a key fob. I mean, if you leave the house, you have to have your keys with you anyway. I have enough trouble not losing my keys. I wouldn't want to have to hunt for my keycard or my special wristwatch, too!

·
Registered
473 Posts
floodlight said:
I did a search on this topic and couldn't find anything; I was curious if there's every been talk about putting the comfort access features into a wrist watch. This way you don't have to carry around anything but your watch.

I understand there are risks with such device, but I think it would be damn cool.
I don't wear a watch.

My cell phone has a clock.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I'm not sure how legal it would be or if allowed under the warranty, but assuming this is an RFID system, you could clone the RFID signal and incorporate the device into something other than the FOB. Because the RFID chip on the FOB probably needs to be powered, you'd have to have battery power. Interesting idea though.

·
Custom User
760 Posts
I think someone should invent a device that is a cell phone, mp3 player, digital camera, PDA, memory stick, clock, game console, and beer opener, all in one. Oh, and key fob too :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts