BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I was carrying a carpet cleaner (full of soapy water) in a 2012 X1 and while I was driving, every electrical device turned off. Even the speedometer was reading 0, but I was still able to drive. Took a look in the back and saw that soapy water got in the electrical housing, totally ****ing up the electrical system. What a terrible design by BMW.

Anyway, I continued to drive it to my destination which was about another 10 minutes. Basically just parked it, let it dry, and tried to clear as much water as possible. But the soapy water left a lot of sliminess.

The vehicle runs now but I can no longer push start the vehicle. In other words, I can only start the car using the key fob. I'll take this in for repairs very soon but I wanted to know if anyone can identify what's wrong and what's involved in repairing the push start (installation, cost, reprogramming, etc).

Thanks in advance. If you need more info, I'll post as soon as I can.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just a long shot that you are still on the forums.

Did you ever get your electrical issue straightened out? Where was the water leaking to?

Did a circuit board get wet? did it need to be replaced?

thanks

Hi all,

I was carrying a carpet cleaner (full of soapy water) in a 2012 X1 and while I was driving, every electrical device turned off. Even the speedometer was reading 0, but I was still able to drive. Took a look in the back and saw that soapy water got in the electrical housing, totally ****ing up the electrical system. What a terrible design by BMW.

Anyway, I continued to drive it to my destination which was about another 10 minutes. Basically just parked it, let it dry, and tried to clear as much water as possible. But the soapy water left a lot of sliminess.

The vehicle runs now but I can no longer push start the vehicle. In other words, I can only start the car using the key fob. I'll take this in for repairs very soon but I wanted to know if anyone can identify what's wrong and what's involved in repairing the push start (installation, cost, reprogramming, etc).

Thanks in advance. If you need more info, I'll post as soon as I can.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts