BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stupid water pump just went. was on the way to the mall and I suddenly gained like 30 hp... battery light came on, temperature light came on, lost power steering and I stopped... popped the hood and coolant everywhere from the vent and the cap. sigh~ have to replace this thing tomorrow morning... :mad:

·
just havin a heart attack
2,741 Posts
a 10mm box end ratcheting wrench will be your saving grace on that lower water pump bolt :) Socket wont work either ;) It's box end or remove the harmonic balancer :). Minus well replace your belts, belt tensioners, and check your fan clutch too.

·
Norwegian
304 Posts
Sorry to hear that. I replaced mine yesterday and it was fine! I was not even sure if I should replace it since the one that was in there looked and felt very good.

When I got my BMW OEM waterpump I got one with "improved" plastic fan. The one I pulled out had metallic. But the parts guy at BMW said that plastic was better to protect against "bad" coolant that people might use.

After this cololing system fix I regret that I didn't do belt and pulleys since something is now whistling under the hood.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts