BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Billetony
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Already did bleeding process several times and the water pump works perfectly while monitoring with Dr.gini but when I turn on the car its only work when the heater is on.

Help!

·
Registered
739 Posts
Already did bleeding process several times and the water pump works perfectly while monitoring with Dr.gini but when I turn on the car its only work when the heater is on.

Help!
Until the engine is up to temperature this is proper operation. The pump only runs when it needs to, and a cold engine with no call for heater doesn't need it. It's one of the features to speed warm up.

Personally, I actually take advantage of this and on my shorter trips I run with the HVAC system completely off, so that as much heat as possible warms the engine. I know I'm the 0.01% on this, but having the option is nice. On my E90 I was up to full coolant (not oil) temperature in only 2km.

If your engine will overheat without turning on the pump, then you have a problem.

Uploaded a snippet from an N55 technical document.

Attachments

·
Billetony
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The car is getting to overheat without starting the water pump. If I start the heater all the way to 84f water pump go immediately to 150 rpm.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts