Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a CPO 2016 340i xDrive. I am super excited and really enjoying the car. There is though, what appears to be a growing water stain inside the instrument cluster and I am wondering if anyone has an experience with this sort of issue. I thought the prior owner had spilled something near the trip computer reset button and the scope was limited to the left side of the stain, but I believe it is growing where now it's closer to the odometer....Any advice on how this gets repaired/has anyone out there seen this? My current theory is a water leak somewhere in the firewall area is getting in there.

Attachments

·
Registered
399 Posts
I have something similar to that and it came from when the dealer readied the car for CPO. They cleaned the dash and must of used an air gun to dust with. Mine hasn't changed since. It seems the liquid got in around the trip reset button.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I would be happy if that were the case (airgun forcing excess liquid in the dash through the trip computer reset button) but I am fairly certain it has gotten worse. I would have taken a photo the day I test drove it - if i thought it was going to change. I now have a photo to document any further staining. Would you mind sending a photo along of yours - "Our BMW"?

·
Registered
176 Posts
I have the exact same problem too. 14 320. I bought mine from the dealer ask well. I removed the instrument cluster and tried to remove the “glass”. I wasn’t able to get it off.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
@DCWhybrew - for you it has not gotten worse with rain so it's not coming from outside, right? and you were not able to remove it because you could not get to it or because its was not removable from the surface it had dried onto? For me it;s a wait and see situation to see if it gets worse or was in fact from some aggressive cleaning method when it went it get CPO'd

1 - 6 of 6 Posts