BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, yesterday my daughter noted that the floor behind the passenger side was flooded. Every other place was dry but there. I was out of town for a week but if I ask my wife if the windows where down at any moment she will reply "was not me, I don't know", so don't boder. Is way too much water just in that part. Nope, not spills. Any ideas on what to check first? Thanks

· Registered
27 Posts
Dive...Dive....Dive!

I'm assuming it's an e60 you speak of? Miles on the car? Accidents that side of car? If it's like the e39 there is a membrane (plastic sheet) that is taped to protect the inards of the door that keep the water out of the interior. The adhesive does dry out and gives way after time and allows water in. If this is the cause it is a cheap fix. Also I hear the drains for the windsheild and rear window where they meet the body have channles that get blocked from leaves, dirt etc... They can get plugged allowing water in.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.