BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need serious help with multiple!!!! waterspots on the hood that are resistant to Meguiar's Paint Cleaner, Wax, Vinegar, and just about all the elbowgrease I could muster. It really looks aweful and it's my fault for not being able to get the spots tended to sooner and letting them bake in the 100 degree heat here in Philly.

Any products you guys can think of?

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I live around the City Line Avenue area. How about you?

·
Registered
88 Posts
abington, but all my friends live downtown (society hill and such) so i was wondering if i had seen your car (there a few nice beemers around the city on a regular basis).

only one question left: jim's, pat's, somewhere else? where's your favorite cheesesteak from? (jim's, personally. :) :)

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
believe it or not, my favorite is still from my time at UPenn.....Abner's Cheesesteaks on Chestnut Street!!!!

I rarely take my car into the city....usually take g/f's Z3...but I know what you mean....lot's of nice 3's downtown.

Philly is also 5er friendly.

·
non sequitur
888 Posts
This gets rid of 80-90% of the waterspots I get in a single pass.

P21S Paintwork Cleansing Lotion

It will eat off any wax on the car, so be prepared to re-wax after you use it. Combinded with claying, this is the normal way I prepare my cars for waxing about 2-3 times a year. The Cleasing Lotion leaves a very slick surface that looks and feels better than any of the 3M and Meguiars stuff I've used, and is much easier to apply and remove, not to mention I get better results.

·
Senior Slacker
5,647 Posts
fuz said:
This gets rid of 80-90% of the waterspots I get in a single pass.

P21S Paintwork Cleansing Lotion

It will eat off any wax on the car, so be prepared to re-wax after you use it. Combinded with claying, this is the normal way I prepare my cars for waxing about 2-3 times a year. The Cleasing Lotion leaves a very slick surface that looks and feels better than any of the 3M and Meguiars stuff I've used, and is much easier to apply and remove, not to mention I get better results.
I just used that for the first time, very nice results. Waxed afterwards. But the P21S can be hard to take off, it was a warm and humid day and it dried fast.

·
non sequitur
888 Posts
If you let it dry long enough, yah it's a bit difficult to remove, but if you just cover one panel or a quarter of your hood, it's no problem.

It should go without saying that you don't use this in the sun or on a hot surface.

·
Senior Slacker
5,647 Posts
fuz said:
If you let it dry long enough, yah it's a bit difficult to remove, but if you just cover one panel or a quarter of your hood, it's no problem.

It should go without saying that you don't use this in the sun or on a hot surface.
Oh that I know, did it in the garage and made sure the car was cool, I did probably do too large an area at once, but it was one of those days of wash/polish/wax. Does leave the paint very smooth and adds luster.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.