BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Also posted this in the detail department...

Hi,

I've been using meguiar's NXT wax, which works pretty good for me. I used the applicator pad that comes with it but I want to replace it with a new one now.

I went to the store a while ago and found Meguiar's foam wax applicators pads. I didn't use them though as the surface of the pad is way harder than the applicator pad I had.

Is there anything that's softer and better or are foam pads just fine? I don't want to scratch up the paint! Pretty visible on a black car!

Thanks!!

·
The knights who say Ni!
456 Posts
luciano136 said:
I've been using meguiar's NXT wax, which works pretty good for me. I used the applicator pad that comes with it but I want to replace it with a new one now.

I went to the store a while ago and found Meguiar's foam wax applicators pads. I didn't use them though as the surface of the pad is way harder than the applicator pad I had.

Is there anything that's softer and better or are foam pads just fine? I don't want to scratch up the paint! Pretty visible on a black car!
FWIW, I started out using micro-fibre applicator pads for synthetics and foam pads for carnauba. Not sure, how I arrived at that system, but it worked okay for me. Only issue with foam pads is that they trap any particles they pick up and tend to hold them at the surface. Therefore, you have a much better chance of making your very own sandpaper unless the car surface is meticulously clean and prepped to start. Micro-fibre pads will "hide" any particles away from the surface better than foam. That's why I feel safer using them and now use them even for carnauba. YMMV.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Micro fibre pads! That's what I want! Where do you order them? Any preference? Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
4,073 Posts
I recently (this year) switched to Menzerna products. I use these microfiber applicators:

http://classic-motoring.stores.yahoo.net/ecmiappa.html

I like them and I like this vendor.

I still have Meguiar's yellow foam applicators and those are okay too. I buy BMW microfiber 3-packs for removal and final polishing.

·
The knights who say Ni!
456 Posts
JonM said:
I recently (this year) switched to Menzerna products. I use these microfiber applicators:

http://classic-motoring.stores.yahoo.net/ecmiappa.html

I like them and I like this vendor.
Yep, been buying my stuff from Autopia/Classic Motoring/Proper AutoCare for years now. Good guys and good selection of products and advice. Haven't tried Menzerna yet, been using Souveran as my "topping" wax for a while, just bought a bottle of the liquid Souveran to see if I like it better than the Griot's Best in Show. So far, so good since I find the Griot's leaves too much "wax dust" in the creases and seams after buffing.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
An order has been placed :thumbup:

Thanks!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts