BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is more of a general info question, but since I own an e38 the opinion of other e38 owners is important to me.
Two weeks ago while on a trip in Florida on my Harley, I used a product called "Yellow Wax" after washing the bike. I was shocked at how it transformed the appearance of the paint. A check of the can failed to reveal a source, but it did indicate that it was 100% carnauba wax. Obviously it wasn't, because carnauba requires added softeners to make it spreadable, but regardless it was by far the best wax I have ever used.
I have looked high and low for a product simply named "Yellow Wax", but can't find it anywhere on the internet. The guy that owned the wax says he got it as a gift so he doesn't know where to get it.
Since it appears that I can't buy this product, what do Bimmerfest e38 owners recommend for use on their cars?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yellow Wax

I've never heard of "Yellow Wax" though many years ago Simonize made a product called "Yellow Coach Wax". This was a solid product rather than being a liquid and was a superb product but required serious elbow grease if applied manually. I have a garage stuffed full of waxes, detergents etc and have tried most of the Simonize, Autoglym and Meguiers ranges to name but a few. However, quite regularly when I use Zymol wax in a bottle I regularly get asked what wax I have used. This liquid wax - blue in colour - contains banana wax, beeswax and carnauba but goes on really easily. Once it is dry you spray a mist of water over the waxed panel and then polish off with a soft cloth. The depth of shine is remarkable and it is much easier to use than most of its competitors. Furthermore, it's great at concealing swirl marks - why not give it a try.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yellow wax

Since my earlier post I note that Meguiar's make a product called "Professional Hi-Tech Yellow Wax". This is available at $10.95 a bottle or thereabouts which is very cheap compared to products of this type on this side of the "pond" - "rip-off" Britain once again!! No doubt someone will post who has used this product but, from the spec it would appear to offer a high shine with little effort (they all say this though, don't they?).

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Found it! Yellow Wax is made or distributed by BAF Industries. I have 2 cans on order at $17.50 ea. Not a bad price considering it's the best wax I've ever used. I ordered it through Pro Car Care on line.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Here is another excellent line of polishes that will shock you. Zainobros.com I have used them on my four Corvettes and now my 745LI. Just check out the site. Regards, Darryl.:bling:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts