Nevermind

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
225 Posts
This is making me mad, in the last ten minuets looking around this forum I've found multiple threads from people downgrading just to get a new car. For example, I saw someone wit a Yellow Ford Focus and someone else with a Volvo, and they were proud of down grading................... so proud they gave us something to laugh at on this sight.

We love our Bimmers, if your gonna get a new car get a new BMW. Why down grade just for new. You could also buy a newer or lower milage used BMW!!!

American Cars: Now if your dumb enough to get a non german car, then don't go posting it all over this site. I could see if you lose your job and need an inexpensive car, go get a VW, at least the are better than a ford. Notice 2 of the big 3 american cars have had bail outs, thats for a reason!!! And, I've never seen am American Car with style what so ever. ( Maybe the pre 1930's Ford Model A, but try finding one of those for an every day driver ) Their cars don't match up to Das Germans in any way.

Japanese Cars: Don't get me started on these, they design them to lose control (drifting) What!!!!!!!!! No offense, but these cars aren't designed to drift, it just happens and they came up with a sport to cover up their in ability to create friction between their wheels and the asphalt.

German Cars: These are the only cars that may justify selling you beloved E36, VW, Audi, Porsche, and dare I say it Mercedes. These cars can at least grip the pavement and they can support themselves financially, and they can Roll with Elegance.

Bottom Line: IF your dumb enough to sell your bimmer don't go posting all over this sight with threads like " My awesome new wheels " and then kill the excitement with a focus.

Lastly, a 318i is better than an American Car, at least they have style, and can make it out of a turn with out crashing!!!!!!!

I dare any one with a non-European car to get flamed, and see how my army of Left lane drives react.
dude you really need to get laid! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
225 Posts
I could see if you lose your job and need an inexpensive car, go get a VW, at least the are better than a ford.

I dare any one with a non-European car to get flamed, and see how my army of Left lane drives react.
VW? are you serious? VW is like the hyundai of germany! I have both an E46 and an 06 IS250. i have to say i love them both equally.

so go ahead and flame me for buying a japanese car, but at least i got my cars new and i didnt stoop to the level of buying used just to get a BMW badge. hell, i wouldnt stoop to the level of buying a VW even if it is new.

im sure the others that youre flaming for buying non european feel the same as i do. now go get a hooker to release some of your pent up frustration. :thumbup:

·
I Am The Machine
20,931 Posts
This is making me mad, in the last ten minuets looking around this forum I've found multiple threads from people downgrading just to get a new car. For example, I saw someone wit a Yellow Ford Focus and someone else with a Volvo, and they were proud of down grading................... so proud they gave us something to laugh at on this sight.

We love our Bimmers, if your gonna get a new car get a new BMW. Why down grade just for new. You could also buy a newer or lower milage used BMW!!!

American Cars: Now if your dumb enough to get a non german car, then don't go posting it all over this site. I could see if you lose your job and need an inexpensive car, go get a VW, at least the are better than a ford. Notice 2 of the big 3 american cars have had bail outs, thats for a reason!!! And, I've never seen am American Car with style what so ever. ( Maybe the pre 1930's Ford Model A, but try finding one of those for an every day driver ) Their cars don't match up to Das Germans in any way.

Japanese Cars: Don't get me started on these, they design them to lose control (drifting) What!!!!!!!!! No offense, but these cars aren't designed to drift, it just happens and they came up with a sport to cover up their in ability to create friction between their wheels and the asphalt.

German Cars: These are the only cars that may justify selling you beloved E36, VW, Audi, Porsche, and dare I say it Mercedes. These cars can at least grip the pavement and they can support themselves financially, and they can Roll with Elegance.

Bottom Line: IF your dumb enough to sell your bimmer don't go posting all over this sight with threads like " My awesome new wheels " and then kill the excitement with a focus.

Lastly, a 318i is better than an American Car, at least they have style, and can make it out of a turn with out crashing!!!!!!!

Dude, what is your problem? Your rants make no sense.

Want to react to my car?

And there are plenty of legitimate reasons for changing cars, not the least of which is simply liking a change of pace.

Settle down, go take a Prozac, and find a girl to help you release your pent up frustrations. I'm sure SDSU should have some good sh*t going on this weekend. :dunno:

·
Registered
193 Posts
I love BMW and all but the fact is a 318i will get scorched by alot of american cars. Heck my 325is will get destroyed by my friends cts v. The badge doesn't make the car. Its true I would rather own a 318i over a volvo s60r or ford focus, but just because the BMW badge is on the hood doesn't mean your car will win every race. You probably don't mean that but that is exactly how you sound. And also I would take a lot of american cars over a VW. it just wouldn't be a focus.

·
Registered
888 Posts
so go ahead and flame me for buying a japanese car, but at least i got my cars new and i didnt stoop to the level of buying used just to get a BMW badge. hell, i wouldnt stoop to the level of buying a VW even if it is new.
This is exactly what I mean about E46 guys.
Yea this thread is silly and who cares what other people drive, but how do you know we had to 'stoop to the level of buying used just to get a BMW badge' In the economy today you'd have to have some serious money to by a brand new car, not only that but new cars aren't worth it anyway when you can buy year old cars for a fraction of the price.

OP: Who cares? Let them buy what they are comfortable driving, you don't have to drive their focus' or volvo's so why hate?

·
Senor Apple
319 Posts
yea, starting a new thread bashing the owners of those two vehicles is as bad if not worse than them posting about it, well not the Volvo guy but the Ford dude for sure. Not everyone can afford to get a newer BMW on the E36 side of the pond, minus myself but I'm fortunate enough to be able to do so, double income household FTW!

Also depends on people's priorities, although most of us on here are enthusiasts so our babies are high on the list of priorities, and what's up with the E60 guys coming over and bashing on the E36 section, even though the OP has an E36 but still?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I recently bought a 95 318IS to rebuild for my daughter. My rational for the BMW purchase is this: BMW is the defacto world standard of cars. I was looking to get back to working on cars and I wanted a car that would handle. That eliminates almost all North American cars because they are almost all front wheel drive. (I currently drive one of the few well handling rear wheel drive North American cars: Cadillac CTS-V) I wanted a small car NOT a camero or a Mustang. It wasn't much of a leap to BMW from there. The 3 series is exactly the perfect size. The fact that I actually toured the BMW factory in Munich didn't hurt either.
Now I am in the process of pulling the engine and transmission. I have been studying the Bentley manual while on holidays. So far it does seem like BMW is much more complicated than a GM. I do have to say that I like the electrical connectors on BMW as they are easy to disconnect. I'll reserve my decision on how much I like working on BMW until after I finish this car for my daughter. If it goes well, I have two more kids looking for cars so I will see.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Useless thread....

Lets just go back to the Volvo and especially that damn Focus thread, and bitch there. Dont start a new thread.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Yea this thread is silly and who cares what other people drive, but how do you know we had to 'stoop to the level of buying used just to get a BMW badge' In the economy today you'd have to have some serious money to by a brand new car, not only that but new cars aren't worth it anyway when you can buy year old cars for a fraction of the price.

OP: Who cares? Let them buy what they are comfortable driving, you don't have to drive their focus' or volvo's so why hate?
everybody has their own reasons for buying what they buy. maybe you like a certain model year that they dont make anymore, maybe its another reason..... my statement was geared towards the people like the OP with the badge snobbery. i apologize for not being more clear.

although i do think VW's are overpriced front wheel drive pieces of sh!t. :thumbup:

·
Official Queen of E36 OT
4,460 Posts
VW? are you serious? VW is like the hyundai of germany! I have both an E46 and an 06 IS250. i have to say i love them both equally.

im sure the others that youre flaming for buying non european feel the same as i do. now go get a hooker to release some of your pent up frustration. :thumbup:
You're late on the VW/Hyundai hating train. I'm pretty sure we dissected that in one of the other "New car" threads. However, since I *do* happen to hate VW with a fiery passion, I'll reiterate.

Yes. VW sucks.

They just don't get us E36ers, hun. I think its some disconnect in their brain that causes the issues. Remember, being nice to the little people is good for your soul.

(I'm kidding, for those of you with large sticks up your tushies, please take that as unseriously as it was intended.)

OP: Most of those threads were jokes playing on the sillyheads that downgraded. However, it is each person's own opinion, and we don't know their financial/emotional/mental state when they decided upon these vehicular changes. While I agree with the sentiment of your monologue, it isn't really applicable to every person or situation.

·
Synth Oil & Vodka.
970 Posts
Waste of a thread.

·
Dream Green or die
713 Posts
I would expect a thread like this from bombsquad... I am even more disspointed in the forums today then normal.

·
Registered
232 Posts
if it makes you feel any better. I sold my Japanese car the other day so i can make room for another German car =]

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
What I meant by using this thread, is that if your gonna get a new car don't go around this thread telling everyone you got it. People on this thread are interested in BMW's and how they work, not the other cars.

If you get a focus, go to a Ford Fourm

·
Registered
888 Posts
What I meant by using this thread, is that if your gonna get a new car don't go around this thread telling everyone you got it. People on this thread are interested in BMW's and how they work, not the other cars.

If you get a focus, go to a Ford Fourm
Really still sucks as a thread
Oh and I actually just read it all the way through, I didn't before my first reply.
You may not care what other people are trading their BMWs for but guess what, NO ONE CARES THAT YOU DON'T CARE.

·
blank
1,614 Posts
wouldnt this be even more of a waste of thread? the thread complaining about the threads that everyone (so you think) doesnt care about? seems sort of "beating a dead horse" in a twisted sort of way.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts