BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lease is up in a few months but we are at the mileage limit without realizing it and the third-row seat isn't available so I'm trying to convince my dad to stick with the X5 40i when he pulls the trigger on a new BMW this week. Some quick questions, thanks!

Driving Dynamics Control - is this like Adaptive M where switching to Sport mode tweaks the throttle, shift points, and the suspension or does it not affect the suspension? Do we need Adaptive for that? Is it an option? Or is that what the standard feature "Dynamic Damper Control" does? Basically, he loves Adaptive M on his 4 Series and will be looking for something similar on the X5.

Enhanced USB - do we need to pay for this option if we use Apple Music from an iPhone? Is it like the prior versions where you need Enhanced USB to get album art on the iDrive screen? He likes the album art. Do we need this feature with an iPhone to get it?

Crossbars - our last X5 is the prior gen from 2016 and we have the BMW crossbars- do they also work on the new X5's roof rails or do we need brand new crossbars?

CarPlay - when we took a test drive I noticed that with Google Maps up on the screen via CarPlay that it was edge-to-edge Google Maps without that split screen that let you see album art on the right side at the same time. Does anyone with a G05 know if Google Maps on CarPlay allows for a split-screen to see both the map and the music album art (or other information for that matter) at the same time?

Sirius XM - can this be coded or is there a physical receiver that you have to pay for?

Wireless Charging - for my parents iPhone X's they'd like this feature but its only available on the Premium Tier. Can it be added to a G05 without Premium?

Coding - is the G05 easily coded or are there restrictions? Auto Stop/Start is a dealbreaker, the parents need this to go away.

Thanks!

·
Happily Driving
2018 X5
7,043 Posts
Lease is up in a few months but we are at the mileage limit without realizing it and the third-row seat isn't available so I'm trying to convince my dad to stick with the X5 40i when he pulls the trigger on a new BMW this week. Some quick questions, thanks!

Driving Dynamics Control - is this like Adaptive M where switching to Sport mode tweaks the throttle, shift points, and the suspension or does it not affect the suspension? Do we need Adaptive for that? Is it an option? Or is that what the standard feature "Dynamic Damper Control" does? Basically, he loves Adaptive M on his 4 Series and will be looking for something similar on the X5.

Enhanced USB - do we need to pay for this option if we use Apple Music from an iPhone? Is it like the prior versions where you need Enhanced USB to get album art on the iDrive screen? He likes the album art. Do we need this feature with an iPhone to get it?

Crossbars - our last X5 is the prior gen from 2016 and we have the BMW crossbars- do they also work on the new X5's roof rails or do we need brand new crossbars?

CarPlay - when we took a test drive I noticed that with Google Maps up on the screen via CarPlay that it was edge-to-edge Google Maps without that split screen that let you see album art on the right side at the same time. Does anyone with a G05 know if Google Maps on CarPlay allows for a split-screen to see both the map and the music album art (or other information for that matter) at the same time?

Sirius XM - can this be coded or is there a physical receiver that you have to pay for?

Wireless Charging - for my parents iPhone X's they'd like this feature but its only available on the Premium Tier. Can it be added to a G05 without Premium?

Coding - is the G05 easily coded or are there restrictions? Auto Stop/Start is a dealbreaker, the parents need this to go away.

Thanks!
You know you can pre-pay for more lease mileage and it's cheaper than paying the mileage penalty at turn-in, right?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You know you can pre-pay for more lease mileage and it's cheaper than paying the mileage penalty at turn-in, right?
$0.23 cents vs. $0.25 cents is not a big enough savings. My dad wants the new car so its going to happen, just a matter of whether or not it's an X5 or something completely different. I want the X5 so I'm looking for answers to those questions ^^

·
Happily Driving
2018 X5
7,043 Posts
$0.23 cents vs. $0.25 cents is not a big enough savings. My dad wants the new car so its going to happen, just a matter of whether or not it's an X5 or something completely different. I want the X5 so I'm looking for answers to those questions ^^
Gotcha. The other thing is that unless BMW is offering a pull-ahead, you're going to be paying the rest of the payments for the old car regardless.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Gotcha. The other thing is that unless BMW is offering a pull-ahead, you're going to be paying the rest of the payments for the old car regardless.
Actually got excited for once when I saw this post. However once I read that it is talking about getting a car fast as in quickly I then realized it was going to just be a thread with questions from a buyer that never end. Let me know if he asks about the vehicle blinker speed... lol. When I bought my 2019 BMW X5 50i, I just walked in the dealership like how it looked on the inside and outside, was fast and so I wrote them a check for $105,000 got it tuned and now it***8217;s and awesome car to drive around!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts