BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
I use and like the weathertech liners, as they provide more coverage than mats. Most mats are flat and do not protect the sides of the footwells as well as the liners.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I just ordered WeatherTech liners for our yet to arrive 2012 X5, front 2 rows (no 3rd row seat) + trunk liner. I have them in my Forester and we both like them a lot, very durable. We also ordered the pet ramp, our dog has pretty short legs.

We live in the PNW, so we use them year around. We had BMW rubber mats in our E61 and while they were durable, they didn't really protect the edges of the carpet.

·
Lifetime Bimmer Fan
173 Posts
I ordered the liners from getbmwparts.com and was very pleased with the price and service.

82110417988 BMW OEM E70 X5 All Weather Rubber Floor Liners
82110417991 BMW OEM E70 X5 All Weather Rubber Floor Liners
82110417985 OEM BMW E70 X5 All Weather Cargo Liner

I believe these are essentially the weathertech made liners with the BMW logo. Strangely, the prices were less than what I found on the weathertech website for weathertech logo liners.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I ordered the liners from getbmwparts.com and was very pleased with the price and service.

I believe these are essentially the weathertech made liners with the BMW logo. Strangely, the prices were less than what I found on the weathertech website for weathertech logo liners.
Good find. The description says they are rubber. The WeatherTech liners in my Subaru are more of a plastic. WeatherTech made the BMW rubber mats and BMW cargo liner for my E61, so I don't doubt WeatherTech makes these for BMW too.

The other thing is, if you compare the images, you'll see the BMW one looks slightly shallower on the RH side of the footwell. Maybe if this is because they are rubber it would be too floppy at that depth?

BMW 82110417988 :

WeatherTech (sorry zoomed image was flash):

·
Registered
433 Posts
I use and like the weathertech liners, as they provide more coverage than mats. Most mats are flat and do not protect the sides of the footwells as well as the liners.
I agree 100%. They provide great coverage. I just ordered a new set for my car.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Liners

I also ordered from them and i am glad I have them as with the amount of snow and continuous melting and freezing there is enough water on the liner which protects it getting to the carpet.

I like the light color interior and without the liner the carpets would be a mess.

·
Registered
54 Posts
If anyone is looking for a set of first and second row Weathertech Floorliner (fitted) mats for their e70, shoot me a PM. I have an extra set in the beige color, brandnew. I don't believe I have the cargo area cover. They are being sold on the Weathertech site for $180 plus tax/shipping. I'd sell them for $100 plus shipping.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I have Weathertech floor liners in my e60 because BMW does not make "liners" for the E60 just rubber mats. I have BMW liners in my e70. The two products are almost identical down to the emblem size and placement(BMW says BMW, Weather Tech says Weathertech) and the cost is almost the same(from what I remember). You cannot go wrong on either ones. If i had to do it over again i would have bought the weathertech for the e70 because they are manufactured in Bolingbrook IL (15 miles from my house) and they have spent a lot of money building a new factory(i went to the factory to get mine) and distribution center locally. They employing a ton of USA people and that is what we need to get USA economy going again. BMW may make their liners in the USA but I know for a fact Weather tech makes them here.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I unfortunately ordered the weathertech mats for my X5 and have been very disappointed with them.

The fit is generic. This is the 5th or 6th set I ordered from them over the years and the first time disappointed. I contacted them and they could not care less, fyi. Made in the USA...

·
Registered
570 Posts
I unfortunately ordered the weathertech mats for my X5 and have been very disappointed with them.

The fit is generic. This is the 5th or 6th set I ordered from them over the years and the first time disappointed. I contacted them and they could not care less, fyi. Made in the USA...
Just to be clear, were these the liners or mats?

·
Banned
387 Posts
I bought the rubber mats from the BMW dealer. While they have "BMW" on the tops, the weathertech brand is on the bottom and was on the packaging. They are OK, did the job, but I too do not like rubber mats. Put the carpet mats in last weekend. Thanks for the tip on coco mats, have always wondered about them, will check it out for next winter.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I had the WT liners on my X6 and X5 too...I will say I was very, very disappointed with WT customer service and execution this last order time.

Liners were on back order and they did not tell me this....Then after waiting weeks I called back and they were still not produced..I cancelled my order and just got the liners from the parts dept at my dealer...

I will not use WT again...A shame really as I liked their made in USA positioning, quality of their product and servicing up to this last transaction :dunno:

·
Registered
5 Posts
WT rocks

WT are awesome.
But i have been lucky because they are local in chicago and i can drive up and pick them up.
I have them on my X5 2002 and they work great , as well as on the honda odys.

·
Lifetime Bimmer Fan
173 Posts
Small Cargo Liner Fit Issue

Forgot to mention in my earlier post...regarding the cargo liner..

While the front and rear floor Liners are a fantastic fit, this Cargo Liner, while also a nice fit, does cover the right/left hand tie downs. So, if you often use the tie downs (these come in one of the packages so you may not have them), the Cargo Liner sides need to be pulled up a bit when you are raising the tie down.

I have thought about putting a small hole in the liner but since I don't use the tiedown very often, it is not a big deal.

Surprised to hear people complain about dealing with WT, but since they make the BWM versions, ordering from getbmwparts.com seems like a win/win. Same/better price, BMW logo, and still buying an American product!

·
Registered
1 Posts
floor liners

I went to getbmwparts.com and could not find the floor liners. I put in all of the part numbers listed in these posts and it replied "part not found". I did this in the parts section and the accessories section. I am sure it was probably user error. I tried to call them but only email. Any ideas? :dunno:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts