Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
22,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cut your time in half, detail with a friend!

Had a friend bring over his 2000 Honda who wanted a detail...so I thought I'd do my car as well. I made him the same offer as I do to others..."I'll apply the product, you remove it..."

We washed both cars with Dawn, then again with a Griots car wash. Then Clayed both cars with Speed shine as lubricant. Since both finishes (his is dark green) were swirl free, we skipped the polish stage and went right to paint cleaning stage. After that, Griots Carnauba. The whole process took us 3 hours to do two cars! Non-stop work and took a few pics after but I'm STILL waiting on Panasonic to send me my replacement USB cable for uploading pics...will post when finished.

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
in_d_haus said:
Yup, it's a bit faster. I detailed a friends car a week ago...only took 12 hours. Interior and exterior.
:yikes: ONLY 12 hours:confused: Man you must be really anal about car cleaning;)

·
Banned
22,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Doug, one wipe or stroke, then drinking a beer, then another wipe or stroke, then another beer, isn't going to cut your time down at all ;)

·
Registered
590 Posts
Help

I'm embarassed to say it, but my wife has a maid come once a week to do ironing, clean bathrooms, etc. One week the maid finished early so I had her help wax the wife's VW (Blitz Wax). Man does time fly quick when you've got help.

Oh yeah, nobody touches my BMW.

--gary

1 - 8 of 8 Posts