BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guys, I've read threads on this topic and this is what I gather:

- You can drop off on weekends in Munich for free if you leave a key with the Harms office ahead of time.
- Otherwise, you can arrange the weekend drop-off for 75E.

So, despite my dealer's emphatic denial, I should be able to do this, right? (I certainly prefer to spend another day in provence than munich.) Do I have to talk to my dealer again about the drop-off date? Or, can I just arrange it when I get there? What about insurance? Will I be on my own after the official Friday drop-off date, even if it's still within 2 weeks from the pick-up?

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
tksung said:
OK guys, I've read threads on this topic and this is what I gather:

- You can drop off on weekends in Munich for free if you leave a key with the Harms office ahead of time.
- Otherwise, you can arrange the weekend drop-off for 75E.

So, despite my dealer's emphatic denial, I should be able to do this, right? (I certainly prefer to spend another day in provence than munich.) Do I have to talk to my dealer again about the drop-off date? Or, can I just arrange it when I get there? What about insurance? Will I be on my own after the official Friday drop-off date, even if it's still within 2 weeks from the pick-up?
Your dealer has nothing to do with your dropoff date. But, check with the EH Harms Munich office to make sure the sunday arrangements can be made.

As for insurance, as long as it is not expired, its ok.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Honestly, you can drop off whenever you want. There's no need to pay an extra charge or anything like that.

Just go to the EH Harms office right after you pick up the car and tell Herr Behrends that you want to drop off either after hours or on the weekend. He will prepare all the paperwork and ask you for to give him one of the master keys and to fill in the mileage on the export declaration and leave it in the front seat, along with a notation of any exterior damage sustained while on your trip when you drop the car off. He will give you the number of the cab company they use so that if you want, you can have a cab meet you in the parking lot when you arrive to drop off. Otherwise, you can walk (about 1.5 miles), or take the bus, to the end of the U6 U-bahn line and take the train back to town.

When my wife and I dropped off our X3, we dropped it off at 7pm on a Thursday. When we got back to Munich, we checked in to the hotel first and unloaded all our luggage and the firstaid kit and warning triangle, then drove up to the Harms office, took our front plate off, locked the car and walked to the U-bahn station. Piece of cake

-MrB

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
arnolds said:
Your dealer has nothing to do with your dropoff date. But, check with the EH Harms Munich office to make sure the sunday arrangements can be made.
My dealer just told me that the drop-off date is transmitted to Harms office. Since I'll stop there first thing after I pick up the car, I think all will be well for me. (He also said the car will be here 5 wks after I drop off, so I guess I know better than him on that account too :) )

·
Registered
852 Posts
Yes, that makes sense, to be able to drop off you leave a key in advance.

But to pick up at a weekend you have to be Beewang.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts