Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So its time to do a tune-up on this car, basics oil, air, fuel, plugs, coil boots(not sure if I need them but we stock them why not), cabin air. My check engine lights flickers on and off ever once in a while so I bought a O2 sensor. Figure it needs one anyways even if its not the problem. My window is not rolling up properly, I know the motor works. I ordered some regulator sliding bushing/pivot things hoping its it. I also ordered those body clips figured most of them are broke. Well wish me luck!

Attachments

·
Somebody stop me....
3,696 Posts
Nice, should keep you entertained for a bit and you'll have a great running car

·
BMWCCA HPDE Instructor
23,452 Posts
You do know that a check engine light can be caused by many things, don't you? And there is more than one 02 sensor on your car, so how are you going to decide which one to replace (assuming you don't have a code reader to check the code log)?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You do know that a check engine light can be caused by many things, don't you? And there is more than one 02 sensor on your car, so how are you going to decide which one to replace (assuming you don't have a code reader to check the code log)?
Of course I do. My car, to my knowledge only has one. Trust me for what I pay for these things it would be retarded not change them with a car that has this many miles(assuming the sensor hasnt been changed recently). Hopefully I have some time to dig into this car tomorrow after the game and check it out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts