BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey dudes,
So first of all, I would like to thank everyone for their input on the transmission oil service.
In the end, after my friend and I got the car jacked up, we realized it was really hard to access the transmission cooler lines without disassembling most of the radiator assembly. So, we went with the classic drop-drain-refill method. We only managed to get 5 liters of old fluid out, so I will plan on draining one more time within the next 1000 miles or so. What we did discover while shifting through all the gears after the change was that my brake line leading from the ABS module to the rear brakes was severed:yikes: and my rear brakes had essentially not been working for god knows how long:eek: I couldn't believe it... so I wound up replacing both of the brake line hoses leading out of the ABS pump for good measure. All of you should check these lines as they run right by the hot manifold and the rubber lines disintegrate with time due to high temperature exposure.

Anyways... after getting my car all filthy, I spent a few hours detailing it and took some pics for you to enjoy. Sorry for the ehh quality, I took the pics with my blackberry. The last pic should look so much cooler but the lighting in my garage sucks... the 2 bad boys of the family 540i and 560SEL.

·
Freude am Fahren
6,378 Posts
Cool. Bummer to hear about the transmission cooler lines, maybe I'll just do a cooling system overhaul this summer at the same time :dunno:

Looks like a nice clean car again. I like the front plate! I bet it's a bugger to keep clean.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea its a biotch to keep clean!
I was thinking the same thing about the cooling overhaul... that would definitely be a good time to flush the trans with new fluid.
Either way, the trans is shifting much better now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts