BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 1994 325i.
My car started having some idling problems.
It starts just fine, and idles well as well. It takes about 10 minutes of running for it to go weird though. As soon as I come to a stop, and switch it to neutral, revs drop below 500 rpm and then rapidly go above 1000 (I guess the car si trying to compensate for low rpms by revving it high), and it continues for about 3-4 cycles and then stops. If I take long rides (say 1 hour), it gets worse. RPMs drop to almost ZERO and in some cases the car stalls. Sometimes, it recovers and revs itself above 1000 rpms and back and forth. In either case, the car functions well otherwise.
Any idea what it can be?

I would really appreciate any input.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
90 Posts
check and see if your intake bellow is cracked also. I had a problem similar to that in my '94 318i and got a new one and it runs perfect.

·
Humble E34 lover
5,519 Posts
Search this forum for "idle problems" or something similar. You will have almost limitless hours of reading and tons of helpful info. :thumbup:

·
Registered
74 Posts
I had a rough idle problem last fall. It always acted up after it warmed up. What I found was water/moisture in the spark plug wells. I cleaned the cowl area of debris and made sure my engine cover were on correctly and I haven't had a problem since.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts