BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone, Im a long time user but first time posting.

I have a neighbor who is selling a 2006 330xi, everything is great but in 1st 2nd and 3rd gear it jerks (quite violent jerks)

This is not while changing gears but at random times while the car is moving, i've noted when it did them in each gear:
1st gear: 1800rpm, 2600rpm
2nd: 2400rpm
3rd: 2000rpm

I've driven manual transmissions all my life so its not operator error :rofl: and it happens in between gear changes.

The engine sounds great and it doesnt seem to miss at all even under acceleration, and the jerking doesnt happen in the higher gears at any rpm

It almost feels like the AWD is trying to engage :dunno:

Please help, I really like the car and want to buy it but Im weary that the issue will cost me too much to fix.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tried, he doesnt want to deal with it :cry: so im worried that its a transfer case issue and will end up costing me a ton on top of what im paying for the car.

·
Banned
10,015 Posts
I tried, he doesnt want to deal with it :cry: so im worried that its a transfer case issue and will end up costing me a ton on top of what im paying for the car.
Yeah no kidding. You have discovered why many sell their cars! Likely he's looked into it; saw the face of financial disaster.

Detach emotion from the deal; look elsewhere.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts