BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Was driving my 323I 99 and a weird light came up next to the drive light on the dash it was a exclamation point circled by what looks like a gear and my exceleratoin was kinda bad? any ideas?
:violent:

thanks jon

·
Registered
257 Posts
323i1999jd said:
Was driving my 323I 99 and a weird light came up next to the drive light on the dash it was a exclamation circled by what looks like a gear and my exceleratoin was kinda bad? any ideas?
:violent:

thanks jon
Transmission fault. I think it is now in "safe mode" Bring to shop or autozone to have code pulled from computer.

Steve

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im in new jerwsey today it was near 110 i was driving with the air blasting so i parked it for about a hour i got back in my car and the light was gone and i drove home with no problem and the air turned down.

you think the heat and the air caused this?

·
Registered
257 Posts
323i1999jd said:
Im in new jerwsey today it was near 110 i was driving with the air blasting so i parked it for about a hour i got back in my car and the light was gone and i drove home with no problem and the air turned down.

you think the heat and the air caused this?
????? Who knows? Just keep an eye on it. I'd still bring it to autozone to have the obc read to see if there are any fault codes.

Steve

·
Registered
12 Posts
I had this happen once ('05 325Ci Auto/Step). While I was driving I was messing with the DICE IPOD function. I had lost the scrolling text on the Bus CD display and the only way to get it back is to cycle the ignition (key) 'off' and back 'on' [very dangerous while driving]. I'm a bit of a daredevil so I wasn't about to pull over just to cycle the key. Long story short, I left the gearshift in 'D' and cycled the key and to my surprise the engine never quit throughout the process and I got my scrolling text back - great! Then I noticed it was shifting kinda sluggish, and that goofy light was on next to the 'D' on the OBC - I thought 'oh my jesus I facked up my tranny with that little stunt'. By this time I got to work, parked, and turn off the car. I waited about 2 mins and started it back up - it's been normal ever since. I know this was a long story but I thought I was the only one this has happened to so I wanted to share all the details of the ordeal, so - FYI. That's my story and I have no choice but to stick with it!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts