Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello I have an e92 328xi 2008 sport package.. I have a problem with my front suspension.. Whenever I drive fast over a bump or something big I can hear that squeaking spring noise.. I believe those are the struts or shocks that need to be replaced. The car has 78k miles on it and I bought it with 45K so I believe struts or shocks were never replaced in the car before. Do you guys think it is the time to get the new struts and it will fix the problem ?? Also do you guys think I will have to replace that spring coil too ? I have a really hard time to find front spring coils online for my car anyone has any recommendation ? I only need front ones. Thank You very much for any info !!

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
You only need to replace the springs (in pairs) if they are broken or rusted. If you want OEM, BMW has a special system for specify the spring part number. You can get the number through a dealer or FCP euro. Generally, non OEM implies lowering the suspension.

As far as the squeak is concerned, you should examine all suspension pivot points including both the front and back suspension.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts