BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
"Wish You Were Here"
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day, I was running late to work so I was in a bit of a rush so I was "pushing" it harder than usual. It was about 90 degrees out as well....Anyway, as I arrived i turn off the car (remove the key) and I notice a sound (similar to an engine's or other components you would have under the hood of the car). Sure enough when i get out of the car, it's my car that's making the noise. It sounded like the air conditioner was on, even though I hadn't turned it on at all during the short drive. So i decided to wait a couple mintues to see if it would stop. It didn't. Eventually I restarted the car and let it run for a few seconds and shut it off again. This time everything turned off as usual and there wasn't anything running or making noise.

All in all, this sounded to me like one of those older cars whose radiators continue to operate even after the car is shut off. Could this be a sign of a failing radiator? If not, what else could have been the reason for this....a glitch maybe? :dunno:

·
Sandlapper Chapter
2,912 Posts
Aux fan?

·
"Wish You Were Here"
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe, but should it act that way? And if it is that, how come it stopped as it normally does when i restarted and stopped the car just a couple mins. afterwards?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts