BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
doh!!!
3,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 225/45r17 es100 on the wagon and this morning I went out to inspect them. The 2 back rear tires are basically bald in the middle of the tires but side of the tires still have tread. The 2 front tires have plenty of tread center and side. The tires are not overinflated, run all f 4 at 36psi. Any clue what caused the rear tire wear? If alignment problem I woulndt think the center would be worn away if camber or caster was messed up. Pulling at strings but maybe es100 have a softer compound in the middle of the tread? :dunno:

TIA
jeff

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
From what I've heard, most BMWs wear their rear tires in the middle. The same thing happened with my old 525i and with my first set of tires on my 330i.

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
My PZeros were particularly bad with that rear wear pattern. The ES100s weren't quite so bad, but it was noticeable.

·
doh!!!
3,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
PhilH said:
From what I've heard, most BMWs wear their rear tires in the middle. The same thing happened with my old 525i and with my first set of tires on my 330i.
yeah thanks, discount tire just told me that. Dont remeber it being so pronounced on my previous set of tires though :dunno: Good news I guess, dont need to get the car aligned.

·
M Mad
10,476 Posts
How many miles? What pressures?

·
take'r easy
849 Posts
My original Conti's have the same pattern. It's long overdue for a tire change ... although my trac control light never flashed driving through the snow storm in the Sierra yesterday and through some intense downpours!

Sounds like this is normal. I thought my tire pressures were too high but I only have them between 38 to 40 psi.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts