BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Happy and Proud e46 *****
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been fighting this problem for months and have almost given up on fixing it myself. So here is my last ditch effort...I have this problem, in which my front driver side turn indicator light doesn't work---most of the time. Most days, I get in my car and my dash warning light is on telling me the bulb is out. But sometimes it doesnt and my turn signal works. Sometime i will be driving down the road my turnsignal not working, and all of sudden it starts working, and vice versa. I have changed the bulb twice now in the last 2 months so I know that isn't it. Weird thing is is if i disconnect the bulb harness plug and reconnect while i have the turn signal on it will work for about 10-15 minutes before going out again. If i diconnect the harness plug with the turn signal off...it will only work for a minute or so. I feel like the problem is a short somewhere but i have no idea where to begin?

Any ideas??

PS. I have also replaced the driver side rear indicator bulb as well as sometimes the dash indicator says its not working either.

·
TheMalibuMafia
12,882 Posts
You probably have to clean the connector inside where the bulb plugs into and touches.
These become a little burt some times and or rusted. I suggest using some steel wool. Clean off the connector inside where the bulb goes and then see if this fixes your issue.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts