BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys
If anyone could help me, it be much appreciated.
So basically my 6series E63 has the welcome lights. When I drive or even use the car for 5min (engine running), then turn it off and Locke the car and unlock it. The welcome lights work as they should. But if I lock it for 5min and unlock it they don***8217;t work, to make them work I need to press unlock again for them to come on. And if I leave it for more then 30min they won***8217;t come on at all.

Has anyone had the same issue?

P.s
auto light switch in in the A position

Battery has just been changed

·
Super Moderator
8,332 Posts
Have you checked your settings in the IDrive under settings? Press menu, then go to settings. When changing your battery, did someone register the battery to the car with some type of BMW software. If the battery was not registered, weird electrical problems can take place. Read the Sticky at the top of the page for a better understanding.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you checked your settings in the IDrive under settings? Press menu, then go to settings. When changing your battery, did someone register the battery to the car with some type of BMW software. If the battery was not registered, weird electrical problems can take place. Read the Sticky at the top of the page for a better understanding.

All setting are as they should be. I have registered the battery as well. This is what***8217;s buffering me, there should be any reason for it to work in such way!

·
Michael
2,273 Posts
check your door cables or the door switches it could be one is high resistance, have you tried unlocking the door but opening the passenger first? Ha just realised your talking about your front headlights, try changing the timing window anyway within Idrive just to see if that alters the operation, Also if memory serves me correct if voltage low then the lights will not come on to preserve the battery for starting???

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
check your door cables or the door switches it could be one is high resistance, have you tried unlocking the door but opening the passenger first? Ha just realised your talking about your front headlights, try changing the timing window anyway within Idrive just to see if that alters the operation, Also if memory serves me correct if voltage low then the lights will not come on to preserve the battery for starting???
Many thanks for the reply and help guys.

The problem was that the battery was not programmed to the car. I used Carly and it never did, although it said it had done it! But then I did it with INPA and all good now.

·
Super Moderator
8,332 Posts
If the battery does not register, it can cause all kinds of weird electrical problems. Glad you got them fixed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts