BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2022 M3
4,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Miguel is a relatively new member of bimmerfest...I think we should all try to make him welcome! :thumbup:

Of course we have a wonderful old tradition here at bimmerfest that the new member gives old members rides in their car by way of introduction. :D

Miguel has a Carrera GT. :)

Miguel, do you need driving directions to come pick me up for my ride?

Seriously, that is an incredible car. I think you can post any number of pictures here and nobody will complain! :thumbup:

·
Registered
45 Posts
I posted some other photos of the car in a thread in 'off topic' something about a guy seeing one parked at his office? They were complaining about the color silver being so dull i suppose, and i just had to post some of mine, at south beach on ocean...

I'll post them again. Mind you I am in spain at the moment, and the car is in the states, so I wont see her again until July most likely.

thank you for the welcome

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
LMC said:
Miguel is a relatively new member of bimmerfest...I think we should all try to make him welcome! :thumbup:

Of course we have a wonderful old tradition here at bimmerfest that the new member gives old members rides in their car by way of introduction. :D

Miguel has a Carrera GT. :)

Miguel, do you need driving directions to come pick me up for my ride?

Seriously, that is an incredible car. I think you can post any number of pictures here and nobody will complain! :thumbup:
I'd be glad to give you a test drive, and let you drive if you think you can handle it ;).
Once I get over to Miami it wil be my only car for several weeks, but most on the forum have suggested I go for a 645 as an everyday driver, for there.
It is an amazing machine and im not sure anything can top it off as far as image goes... Driving experience is quite priceless with this one, even at low speeds and revs you still feel the presence of that V10. The sound has to be one of the best out of any sports car I've heard, with its multiple tones having control of that clutch and gas is rather rewarding. One of the best things about the car is the seat positioning, which may seem minor, but makes the ride all the more comfortable. When you look at it beside you, you think its so low, and so flatly positioned and generally not very comfy for a long ride. But actually, the seats grip perfectly and H shift gear is located in the best possible place for the interior layout. Suprizingly, the interior doesn't feel very tight, and with the top off, it feels as if you are in a small speed boat. I generally purchased the car in the states because of a deal I was able to get, and I basically sold off an apartment I had in Boca Raton for the Porsche.
Anyhow, thank you for the welcome and I shall post more photos as soon as I get back to miami.

·
meroglot
12,906 Posts
Miguel Shaia said:
I'd be glad to give you a test drive, and let you drive if you think you can handle it ;).
Once I get over to Miami it wil be my only car for several weeks, but most on the forum have suggested I go for a 645 as an everyday driver, for there.
It is an amazing machine and im not sure anything can top it off as far as image goes... Driving experience is quite priceless with this one, even at low speeds and revs you still feel the presence of that V10. The sound has to be one of the best out of any sports car I've heard, with its multiple tones having control of that clutch and gas is rather rewarding. One of the best things about the car is the seat positioning, which may seem minor, but makes the ride all the more comfortable. When you look at it beside you, you think its so low, and so flatly positioned and generally not very comfy for a long ride. But actually, the seats grip perfectly and H shift gear is located in the best possible place for the interior layout. Suprizingly, the interior doesn't feel very tight, and with the top off, it feels as if you are in a small speed boat. I generally purchased the car in the states because of a deal I was able to get, and I basically sold off an apartment I had in Boca Raton for the Porsche.
Anyhow, thank you for the welcome and I shall post more photos as soon as I get back to miami.
When you get back to the states, if you are looking for another car let me know. I am in South Florida also, and have many contacts in the high end car business (BMW, MB, Porsche). I'd be happy to help out. No test rides for me though.

·
Registered
2022 M3
4,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Miguel Shaia said:
That is a very generous offer...The one small problem is that I live 3,000 miles away!

I don't think I could handle a CGT test drive...or at least I would need a physician in attendance. :D

·
Here since day one
7,187 Posts
Miguel Shaia said:
They were complaining about the color silver being so dull i suppose, and i just had to post some of mine, at south beach on ocean...
Silver looks incredible on that car ... it makes it looks like an awesome machine ...

Enjoy it to the fullest and welcome to the fest :thumbup:

·
Super Moderator
14,972 Posts
:wave:

·
Do the interns get Glocks
9,324 Posts
Miguel Shaia said:
How about setting up a track day for us at Moroso. First one who goes off course in the car is banned from the fest. :D

·
Registered
45 Posts
LmtdSlip said:
How about setting up a track day for us at Moroso. First one who goes off course in the car is banned from the fest. :D
Great idea... I've heard of Moroso, but haven't been yet... Its around the Palm Beach area, is it?

·
Do the interns get Glocks
9,324 Posts
330Cane said:
Yeah, northwest Palm Beach county. PGA Blvd. west to 441 and north about 10 miles. They have a road course, but it's mostly set up for drag racing.
Looking at their calendar the road course and kart track host more events than the drag strip does. The problem with Moroso is the lack of runoff room.
:yikes:

·
meroglot
12,906 Posts
LmtdSlip said:
Looking at their calendar the road course and kart track host more events than the drag strip does. The problem with Moroso is the lack of runoff room.
:yikes:
The kart track is separate. The drag strip is one of the straightaways for the road course. But I don't know what you were looking at, the strip is used way more often than the road course.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.