BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
That Guy w/ the Modded GT
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yes, it's a new GT. Now, I know what you're thinking. Why would I get another GT? :dunno: Trust me, I didn't even think I'd land in another one, but here's the story.

As you saw in my last thread, my previous GT gained a huge amount of popularity on social media due to being something different, as opposed to all the conventional projects out there.

Despite the extent of modifications that I did on the past one, I never really got to do everything I wanted to. Then an opportunity fell in my lap, the chance (and a good deal) to upgrade to the new LCI. There are very few left in the country, as production on the 550 GTs were stopped recently (the 535s are generally more popular, as they're not many people like me who plan on doing so much to their 550GT's). I was looking at other models too, but here I had one more shot to really create the ultimate GT. My last one already came so far and caused a spark in the BMW scene, bringing the GT a little more respect than before.

Now I have the chance to do it all over again. Much bigger, and much better this time around. I've learned a lot about modding with the last car, and am much more familiar to the game this time around. Therefore, if I was going to get the new LCI GT, I was going to have to go all out, and kick it up to 11. :cool: This new LCI comes nearly fully loaded, sans a few options, along with the newly revised N63TU, M-Sport kit, LEDs, and facelifted front/rear ends.

While I'm taking my time to have everything done and don't want to rush all into it, the mods are already coming. I must give a HUGE Thank You to John at CKS Suspension for helping me make this the first GT ever to be on coilovers. I'm currently testing the setup and working with him to develop and perfect the F07 coilover set. I thought my last H&R setup was great, until I got these coilovers installed. Despite being much lower this time around, it actually rides much smoother than the H&R's, and handles so much better. It really is true that coilovers are a world of difference.:thumsup:

Also, another big thanks to Galvez Customs for creating a very special 1-of-1 custom aero kit for the GT, including a front lip, side skirt "wings," and a DTM-inspired rear diffuser with side fins. It has helped make the car that much more aggressive, even with the few light modifications it has. Since there is no kit for the GT unlike the F10, I had to go the custom route, but I'm glad I did. Thanks to Ian, I was able to put my vision into reality and design a kit that's both aggressive and tasteful.

A lot is in store for the GT, including debuting many world's firsts. Some of you may not agree with my choice, and this is the first time I've ever ended up getting the same model twice in a row, but I hope to accomplish one thing, and that is to show the true potential of the GT. While I admit BMW made some faults with this car from the factory, with the right modifications the GT can be majorly improved both aesthetically and performance/handling wise. I hope you all like whats in store for TheBlackGT Part 2.0. :thumbsup:

P.S. She is actually Imperial Blue as of now, despite keeping TheBlackGT nametag. Don't worry though, that issue will be fixed very soon ;)

(her first few days stock)

(after the coilover install)

(new bodykit)

·
Registered
52 Posts
This is so cool. High five from Denmark for taking on another GT! How did you lower the rear end? I take it that you have air suspension. I ask because I installed a kit from Hartge with two new springs for the front and new, shorter arms for the height sensors for the rear. However, the rear never got 100% level, so I ended up installing the original arms again and lowering it through INPA and a laptop. With this method I am now also able to adjust each side by one milimeters margin. Are you doing any remapping with the engine? Seems like a monster once the turbo pressure is increased slightly....

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Thanks for the comprehensive report. So glad to see that you are still in the GT family. Looks good already and we await further mods . You have the same color as my 2014 GT. What year is yours?

·
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is so cool. High five from Denmark for taking on another GT! How did you lower the rear end? I take it that you have air suspension. I ask because I installed a kit from Hartge with two new springs for the front and new, shorter arms for the height sensors for the rear. However, the rear never got 100% level, so I ended up installing the original arms again and lowering it through INPA and a laptop. With this method I am now also able to adjust each side by one milimeters margin. Are you doing any remapping with the engine? Seems like a monster once the turbo pressure is increased slightly....
Thank you! I've heard of people doing that, but no coding required for me. I got some custom made aluminum links for the rear from www.adjustableairride.com/ (if you're interested in a set, contact John and let him know I sent you), you just adjust to the height you want, pop off the old ones and put the new ones in. INPA is the software you're using right?

Yes I will be doing a custom flash tune on this one. Don't want to go too crazy, but it will be enough to have a good laugh against some M3/4/5/6's. :thumbup:

Thanks for the comprehensive report. So glad to see that you are still in the GT family. Looks good already and we await further mods . You have the same color as my 2014 GT. What year is yours?
Oh nice! I've never actually seen a picture of yours I think :dunno: it's a 15' because the 550GTs are very rare here, and this was a demo model as well. Honestly when I first picked up the car I was somewhat dissapointed with the lack of the Sport Auto option which the GT's cant get apparently (however it will be coded in soon), as well as no Sport+ since I didn't have EDC (which made the coilover install easier however). It felt somewhat floaty, but ever since the coils it's a whole new world. I can't wait to see how much of an improvement it will be once I finish up the exhaust and tune. :D

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
The white rims with that car make it look bad. You should either spray it or get new rims.

Something like this, you know what I mean?

Just sell the OE ones on ebay.

The rims you have now look better with a car like mine, in my signature.

·
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The white rims with that car make it look bad. You should either spray it or get new rims.

Something like this, you know what I mean?

Just sell the OE ones on ebay.

The rims you have now look better with a car like mine, in my signature.
I agree my man. I've only had the car a few weeks so I've been stock on the OEMs. I do like the design, but the silver is somewhat off-putting. I'm actually going to be hopefully getting some 21"s very soon so stay tuned.

Nice ride btw. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Oh nice! I've never actually seen a picture of yours I think :dunno: it's a 15' because the 550GTs are very rare here, and this was a demo model as well. Honestly when I first picked up the car I was somewhat dissapointed with the lack of the Sport Auto option which the GT's cant get apparently (however it will be coded in soon), as well as no Sport+ since I didn't have EDC (which made the coilover install easier however). It felt somewhat floaty, but ever since the coils it's a whole new world. I can't wait to see how much of an improvement it will be once I finish up the exhaust and tune. :D
Have a look at the thread I started in this forum "I don't have my 2011 535xi GT anymore......" It has some pictures to meet Ernest's requirement of proof. What color is your interior?

·
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Have a look at the thread I started in this forum "I don't have my 2011 535xi GT anymore......" It has some pictures to meet Ernest's requirement of proof. What color is your interior?
Yup I remember seeing it now, I'm actually very jealous of your interior color. I wanted Mocha originally (or a darker brown), but I ended up with Ivory again. This time I actually don't mind it however, because paired with the contrast stitching and black headliner it's much nicer IMHO. Although you just have to make sure to keep it clean! :rolleyes:

·
There is no spoon
1,964 Posts
I'm going to nickname your car Big Ben (after Roethlisberger) since you are very close to Steelers colors.

·
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
1 - 15 of 15 Posts