Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Bimmerfest Founder
15,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And welcome to vietsb as the forum moderator...
:thumbup:

:bow:

I also want to call everyone's attention to the quintessential
e39 DIY site, BMWTIPS.com.

Pssst. Check out the irc BMW chat networks they've got
going over there too...

P.S. watch out for the guy named 'wolf'...
:p

:thumbup:

·
Registered
269 Posts
HOLA!

Now, I just need to post ~950 more times to get a cool avatar under my name. :p

I'm gonna start making a list of E12, E28, E34, E39, and (gulp) E60 Do-It-Yourself sites. If anyone has some favorites, please pass them my direction so I can refer other folks as well.

I posted my intro here if anyone wants to take a gander.

I hope to see folks post their DIY experiences here, to other BMW forums, and to model-specific sites like BMWTips.com.

·
Moderator, 5-Series
5,938 Posts
vietsb said:
HOLA!

Now, I just need to post ~950 more times to get a cool avatar under my name. :p

Pssst....notice my avatar and serious lack of 1000 posts!!??? :D

Talk to "Da Man" JS...he'll set you up just right! :thumbup:

Chris :rolleyes:

·
Moderator, 5-Series
5,938 Posts
But you're a Moderator right now...special privileges but, hey, suit yourself! :tsk: :tsk: :tsk:

Chris :D

·
Registered
269 Posts
Speaking of privileges...

When you gonna give us the privilege of visiting Casa'de'Agent99 for some CDV liberation? I'm gonna be gone the last weekend in May, but otherwise, I can work my schedule around your "soon to be" announced date.

Hey, do you know how Jon did the sticky for your CDV post on the 5-Series forum? Or do you have to be a super-mod to do that? I'd like to post a "DDIY-LADIFYFKK" sticky when you actually pick a date.

(Don't Do-It-Yourself - Let Agent99 Do-It-For-You For KrispyKremes) :D

PS - I still have a $125 arbor pilot bit w/ your name on it. :yikes:

·
Moderator, 5-Series
5,938 Posts
CDV will most likely happen in June...christ...it is nearly May already.

Yeah, I gotta take care of that arbor bit some time....

Chris :dunno:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Does. Anyone have the preventative maintenance pdf for the e60? It showed mostly everything you need to replace or flush to keep the car. Ru ning into 200k.

·
Jakedoub
2 Posts
New to forum - 2003 X5 help needed. I hope I am creating this post in the correct location, but if not, please advise. I have a 2003 X5. I just purchased this vehicle from someone who tried to fix some things themselves; however it is apparent they did not know anything about vehicles. I have replaced the door latch assembly on 3 of the 4 doors as they were all broken. I***8217;ve changed the window regulator on all of the same doors. The key doesn***8217;t work in the lock tumbler on the door, and I***8217;ll rebuild that later. The front drivers door handle assembly now works as you would expect, it opens from the interior and the exterior. The front passenger door worked from the interior only. After replacing the door handle assembly, the door does not open from the interior or exterior. I can use the fob to lock and unlock the vehicle, but only the drivers side will actually unlock... the front and rear passenger side doors will make a noise, and the lock mechanism will go up and down, but the handles on both the outside or inside will not open the doors. I am assuming these doors are ***8220;deadlocked***8221;...? I***8217;ve scanned through many threads and have not found anyone explaining how to open a door that is closed when it is deadlocked. I***8217;m a medium skilled mechanic, so I***8217;ve done all of the typical things that would be suggested. I can access the latch assemble through the interior door panel, as they are still removed, and I can move the linkage to open the door... but it will not actually open the door. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get my passenger side doors open? I***8217;m assuming that the door lock actuators will need to be replaced, but I can***8217;t open the doors to replace them. I would also take a guess and say that I would be able to apply 12v power to the correct wires that connect to the door lock actuator to get it to engage or disengage, but there are about 8 wires going to the lock actuator and I***8217;m not sure which ones to supply power to, and I***8217;m not sure of this would even work. Any help would be greatly appreciated. This vehicle is for my wife, and her father is coming in 4 days, and it***8217;s also the first time I***8217;m meeting him... so it***8217;d be really cool to have this fixed before he comes. Thank you for any help, and again I apologize if this is not the correct location for this post. Jake.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Alright I've got some questions for you guys. I'm a new member. I have a 2012 528i Turbo 4cylinder that a a customer had towed in after it shut off on him on the highway. 98k miles good looking clean car the owner is a 70 year old man so he doesn't dog the crap out of it.

The car cranks and sounds like it wants to fire but will not stay on. Compression test was good, All 4 cylinders have spark, changed the valvetronics relay box on passenger side by the firewall (no change) We have fuel pressure on the scanner and to the fuel rails. Noticing now I am not getting any Voltage on Phase B and Phase C when trying to crank I am only getting voltage to Phase a at about 10.3 volts. I know there is a fuel management system in the trunk and the part is about 400 dollars and needs to be programmed. Any ideas on what the deal is with this thing? Open for more questions. Please help!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts