BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
livin the 'Fest
4,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well last fri. night i repainted the hood of my car and the roof. finished at 9 p.m.
the next morning i went in and waxed the roof and the hood at 8:45 am. i took pics. the first is right after i finished painting it, as you can see my gloves. then followed by the next morning shoot right before i waxed it, and then the last two are 3 hrs. later. there was no hazeing or fadeing, or solvent pop. thanks once again to autogeek. i really love the fuzion wax. the finish of the car felt like it had a coat of baby oil on it. and it smelt good.

Attachments

·
Fountainhead
722 Posts
well last fri. night i repainted the hood of my car and the roof. finished at 9 p.m.
the next morning i went in and waxed the roof and the hood at 8:45 am. i took pics. the first is right after i finished painting it, as you can see my gloves. then followed by the next morning shoot right before i waxed it, and then the last two are 3 hrs. later. there was no hazeing or fadeing, or solvent pop. thanks once again to autogeek. i really love the fuzion wax. the finish of the car felt like it had a coat of baby oil on it. and it smelt good.
Looks great. POst some pix when everything is done. Can't wait to see the final result.

·
livin the 'Fest
4,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
that sat. morning i was fortunate enough to get some shoots, but no good ones of the whole car. it was raining out side, so i took advantage of the paint booth to go ahead and wax the whole thing. now i'm waitin for the snow to clear up, so i can rewash the car, (lucky me i didn't have to drive it any where) and take some good sunny day. pics. i don't know how well they will turn out. silver is not the best indepth color, for great photo shoots. it will either reflect the sun too much or there won't be enough sun to show any reflections in the paint.

·
livin the 'Fest
4,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
one neat thing i did. after i got it preped for the repaint, of the hoof and the roof. i washed the car all over, and while it still was wet, i clayed, the clay spray works well with water. then rewashed the car. so that way i could go ahead and wax the whole thing after painting it.

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
What paint are you using that you can wax so soon after painting...or are you baking the finish?

·
livin the 'Fest
4,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i use ppg concept clear. i used a semi fast drying clear. thinned it 50% more than what it calls for, so it will lay down slick. and then i baked at @ 180 degree. but don't let that decive you, the metal temp was 140-150, useually there's a 30 degree drop in temp, in baking booths. i then baked it for 45 mins. then put a shop fan in front of it to blow across it over night. i was a little scared, becuase usually, when i use the slow clear. and only twice, put wax on it (meg. wax.) it would haze out, and then i would either, if lucky, just buff it out, or had to wet sand it then buff it. i think the wax i used on my car, made a diff. but there are tricks to speed up cure time. one them is too add a additive that cuts the cure time in half. but i didn't use it. so really it was an experiment with the wax.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts