BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Spelling Impaired
5,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I handed over the keys to my Bavarian Princess this afternoon. Three years of storage would have killed her and shiping her was cost prohibitive, so it was the best thing to do. However, that doesn't make it any easier.

Some of the memories that will stick out in my mind are the first time I drove her home; taking on twisty roads in Colorado, Arkansas, and England; blasting across the highways of continental Europe at 100+ speeds...

I won't miss the comments when people saw the car. Ohhhh...so you drive a BMW...must be nice. I'm not a badge driver and a pretty humble person, so that part of ownership was really annoying.

The new owner lurks here and I believe has even posted once, so there is some gain from the whole deal.

Now I guess I'll start paying more attention to the E90 threads....make sure I'm ready in '10 for my next BMW:eeps:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Sorry you had to let her go. The one part of owning a BMW I'm not looking foreward to is the whole status thing. I sort of had the same problem with my Stealth R/T, since most people didn't know what it was. I like when people appreciate my car, but I dont' like it when people raise you to "god-like" status when you drive a nice car. My Stealth R/T only cost me $3500, and another $3000 the month after for repairs... it certainly didn't deserve the reverence it got. :rofl:

·
Who, me?
2,733 Posts
Couldn't you have just quit your job, and lived in your car? I think you would be happier... lol.

·
Spelling Impaired
5,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rob325_in_AZ said:
Nate, why do you have to wait 3 years till you can drive a BMW again?
Because I am currenty in the process of moving to Hawaii. The government will only ship one car for free and since my wife's car is the primary family hauler, it will make the trip back off the island three years from now when we move again. The price to ship a car to/ from Hawaii is obscene. Once we get back to the mainland, I'll be in the hunt again.

·
Spelling Impaired
5,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
vexed said:
You could buy a used one for your three year stay:eeps:
:D

I'm looking for an E30 or older to drive while I am there. I want to go pretty cheap, so I don't know how successfull I'll be.

By the way, we found a house in Ewa Beach...good school, GREAT house, affordable...long commute.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.