BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am picking up a car in May, but I seem to be hitting Munich on a busy night with steep hotel rates at the places I like to stay. I have always stayed downtown but I am thinking of using "points and cash" at the Westin Grand instead. I am arriving in the late afternoon, and I am picking up my car at 7:30 am the following morning; so it is just quick overnight. So while I'm a little hesitant to stay outside the city center, since I am just there for an overnight, I figure it makes more sense to save the money. If I want to go downtown I can hop in a cab or take the u-bahn.

Has anyone stayed at the Westin Grand? Is it a nice hotel? How is the location; is there anything in the neighborhood?

Thank you.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
The neighborhood is rather nice, but quieter than Altstadt. Read the Wiki for nearby restaurants, etc. I have not stayed at the hotel--you might find additional reviews under the old name Arabella Grand from before the Starwood re-branding.

·
Travel Fever
2,745 Posts
My last stay was 5 years ago, it wasn't bad and wasn't great either. It served the purpose. It did get very quiet at night.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I stayed there a few months ago. The hotel is rather nice and clean. The neighborhood is quiet. The subway is about a 10 minute walk. You might want to check on the garage parking. It was under construction when I was there and I had to use the Sheraton's parking next door.

·
Travel Fever
2,745 Posts
Well, I do remember that the garage is roomier than Le Meridien garage.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Our Stay at Westin Grand

The wife & I stayed there last Nov. for our ED. Got the 3 nights in a very nice room via Priceline for $100/night!!

The hotel is very nice and quiet with nice lobby - the watch shop there is really nice.

Shops, markets and a cafe for coffee/breakfast is very close by - the subway is 5 min away.

The only complaint was the bell service - had to unload and carry in luggage ourselves!! Not what you expect from a 5* hotel.

But all-in all, I'd stay there again.

Best wishes on your ED experience!

Drive Safe -
CARNICK

1 - 7 of 7 Posts