BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For a 2012 328i convertible??

Hi, I introduced myself in the relevant section and already asked but did not get any answer.
Was hoping the "new" model (F33) would be presented at the Frankfurt Auto show and soonafter be available in the US. I now realize that it will take another year or more before the new convertible (F33 platform) is released.
So I am now in the market for a new 2012 328i Confvertible (E93).

What sort of price were California members able to get for a brand new car?
(I want Premium Package + Convenience Package + Heated front seats + Navigation)
Even without going into details, options etc, what would be a good rule of thumb for a good deal ? 5% off MRSP, 7%, 9%,? More?

Any advice appreciated
Thanks

Pascal

·
I Know Nothing
658 Posts
You'll get tons of different opinions here. Figuring there are no dealer or factory incentives I would say $500 over invoice is fair and anything over $1000 over invoice is too much.

Check out the supporting CA's on this site and good luck!

·
Registered
200 Posts
imho do not pay anything above invoice. You have the negotiating leverage with weak economy, recession and last year of previous gen model (2012 e93 with f33 coming 2013. ). Tell them you will pay 2k below invoice, give them your card and go home. You will probably get a call few days later for 1k or 500 below invoice which is a good deal. Fear is your worst enemy. Do not be intimidated by scare tactics and sales pressure... Use accessories that you want in the negotiation process. Meaning if they don't budge on price try to get them to throw in some freebies (all season mats, spoiler, performance kit, performance exhaust things like that...) good luck

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your replies and apology for the delay in anwsering. Now proud owner of a 2012 328i Convertible. Paid just below invoice. I feel good about the deal - options and color I wanted. Done deal now no use looking back. Just enjoy the car!
Thanks again to those who took the time to post.:thumbup:

·
Registered
13,568 Posts
Truecar is fine unless you want a Honda. They've managed to block Truecar from issuing fair prices on their vehicles. Hope this doesn't become a trend.

·
Registered
13,568 Posts
Sounds like a winner!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.