BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2022 530i xDrive
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When we cross a time zone border with our Subie, the time on the Nav system changes just like it does on our cell phones. My 530i is set to do the same thing, but doesn’t. Even if the car is shut off and restarted, nada. I have to manually switch it. My 2014 328d was the same way. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
2022 540i MSport
9,460 Posts
When we cross a time zone border with our Subie, the time on the Nav system changes just like it does on our cell phones. My 530i is set to do the same thing, but doesn’t. Even if the car is shut off and restarted, nada. I have to manually switch it. My 2014 328d was the same way. Any ideas?
I think we have 2 settings in iDrive right? The "base" time zone and whether to switch to DST? I don't think it is designed to dynamically switch time zones by geographic location (but I would have to read it again in RTFM!). Or is it getting "network time" from somewhere? If so, that network data is the fault.

·
Super Moderator
7,225 Posts
Head unit is programmed to sync with ConnectedDrive profile location. There is coding to switch to GPS.

·
Registered
2022 530i xDrive
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think we have 2 settings in iDrive right? The "base" time zone and whether to switch to DST? I don't think it is designed to dynamically switch time zones by geographic location (but I would have to read it again in RTFM!). Or is it getting "network time" from somewhere? If so, that network data is the fault.
There's an "Auto" setting. After I've changed zones all I need to do is uncheck and recheck the box and it will automatically set the time to the correct zone. Some additional Googling reveals this is a widespread issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts