BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now my advisor has me in the Fine Line wood grain with Oxide Silver.

Thoughts? Any wisdom from experience?

·
Still Stickin' It!
886 Posts
Right now my advisor has me in the Fine Line wood grain with Oxide Silver.

Thoughts? Any wisdom from experience?
100% personal taste. I wouldn't have wood of any kind if I could avoid it...reminds me of old GM cars my father/grandfather had. CF or metal finishes feel more contemporary and pleasing to me.....but, that's just me.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I went all in with alcantara and carbon fiber and I'm happy with the appearance . I'd only do wood if I was building an old Morgan or Jaguar

·
Registered
159 Posts
To the OP, when I chose the Oyster leather interior, I did consider the red and if I had chosen the red I would have gotten the black high gloss with red accent. I did not consider either of the black interiors.

Then when I considered the trim I was thinking of the brushed aluminum, thinking it might go with the oyster color, but could not conclude it looked any better than the black trim with the silver accent. So I got the latter. At first I was not sure that was the right choice as I thought the door handle was a rather bright plastic. But now, after a couple of months, I think it looks great and am happy I did not go for what might be the more "busy" look of the brushed aluminum.

So, my answer to your question is for the trim I would get the black high gloss with the red accent. The red accent will match very nicely the red highlight in the interior you have chosen.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I second the personal taste. I honestly don't like to see any wood in the car as well. BTW, 35yo Male. So I'm neither old nor young. I ordered High gloss black on black dakota leather. Just not a fan of wood.... reminds me of my college years: my friend used to ride my car and all of a sudden she'd smack me hard when we saw a car with wood paneling on the road screaming "beaver panel"

·
Registered
126 Posts
48 yrs old. Switched out the silver trim for alcantera and carbon fiber after I purchased my M235i. Correct trim for todays sports car IMO

1 - 9 of 9 Posts