BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sooooo, my local Dealership sends me this extremely good deal: I've got a 1999 540iT wagon with 95k miles in great shape. They send me a letter asking me to trade it in on a new or CPO BMW, and to go to their website and check out the amazing trade-in offer they had for me! So, I go check it out, and they will give me - wait for it . . . $250.00 for my car !! Wow! What a great deal. How can I pass this up? I am sold for sure. :rofl:

·
Banned
1,729 Posts
I was offered $7500 for my decked out 01 540.. then he came back with $10k.. c'mon. He then told me how BMWs are worthless after 50k miles and no one wants to touch them! He was blowing hot air! I was just sitting there thinking, you have no friggin idea do you. I know for one, the 540 has a following! AND, AND, AND, BMWs will always have good value.. even after 50k miles!

Black book values are ridiculous.. but then again, $250!?!?!?! wow! I sure hope you got a good laugh out of it! Hold out for $350!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Kwitcherbitchin!
154 Posts
Sooooo, my local Dealership sends me this extremely good deal: I've got a 1999 540iT wagon with 95k miles in great shape. They send me a letter asking me to trade it in on a new or CPO BMW, and to go to their website and check out the amazing trade-in offer they had for me! So, I go check it out, and they will give me - wait for it . . . $250.00 for my car !! Wow! What a great deal. How can I pass this up? I am sold for sure. :rofl:
OMG dude! Are you crazy?? Who wouldn`t take this deal?!

Just kidding X]. Haha. You should`ve gave the guy a good schmack on the face XD.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Lol

Not sure what the 250??????? or 350!!!!!! mean but the value is WAYYYYYY more than what he is offering you. Yes, the market does suck, yes Bush has completely screwed up our relationship with the world and the dollar is hosed! But that don't make us stupid...tell the dealer to shove it, and you will be able to sell it outright for LOTS more than that...go to WWW.autotraderonline.com and do a search on values of cars 540's with similar miles in similar condition with the same transmission. You will be able to see exactly what the market is supporting, but I will aslo add this...NOW is not the time to be selling...now is the time to be buying! Like stocks you don't want to buy when the market is up you want to buy when the market is LOW and sell when it is high...

GL

Mine I bought with 130K on it...so his 'theory' no one wants them after 50K is pure unadulterated BS.

·
Registered
224 Posts
DAY-UM! I'll give you $500 sight unseen. Come on now, I'm doubling your money . . . :D

That is an unbelievable story. Sad thing is some people fall for it!! Why can't I meet them in the dealer parking and get myself a sweet deal?!? :thumbup:

·
Registered
405 Posts
It's a station wagon. Who would want one of those off a dealer lot?

Yeah, yeah, yeah... You touring guys all love them. Most of us think they're hideous. ;)

·
Registered
6,925 Posts
DAY-UM! I'll give you $500 sight unseen. Come on now, I'm doubling your money . . . :D

That is an unbelievable story. Sad thing is some people fall for it!! Why can't I meet them in the dealer parking and get myself a sweet deal?!? :thumbup:
I see your $500 and raise you another $250. Oops, sorry. Wrong forum.

LOL. Is this why they call them stealerships?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am not even interested in selling. It is paid for. Nothing owed. They sent me this letter with link to their website to generate some new sales I guess. I just thought the 250$ trade in was hilarious. Could probably get 7 - 10k for the car if sold locally, but I have no intention to sell. They had my name and address from a previous service or parts order.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I just bought one parking light bulb for $35. All the bulbs probably cost more than $250.
You should post the name of this dealership so we can jump on it!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Here is their follow up e-mail (and my response) to the hit on their website (when I found the trade-in value):

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, May 02, 2008 10:52 AM
To: Turner, John
Subject: We want your 540I BMW of Columbia

Hi Mr. Turner,
I see that you are interested in trading your 540I in on a certified preowned vehicle.
We are opening a NEW CERTIFIED PREOWNED SUPER STORE. WE NEED YOUR TRADE. Our preowned manager is putting great money on the trades so that he can fill the new show room.
Now is the best time to look at new or perowned vehicles with special rate on new and used cars as low as 3.9%. If you would like to set up an appointment to come in you can call or e-mail me. You can also come in with a copy of this e-mail and received up to $1000.00 of your next purchase of your next preowned certified vehicles.
Thanks for your time and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Ken Mixon
Client Advisor
BMW of Columbia
Ph 803-404-5400
Cell 803-546-5868

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes Mr. Mixon/Mixion,
In fact, I just finished laughing about the amount your website offered for my trade-in: $250.00

My goodness, what a great deal Mr. Mixon/Mixion. I'll bet you have people running, (not just walking) to embrace these awesome trade-in deals. I'll be right there. Just stand right in the parking lot. Be there in a minute. :rofl:

·
Registered
1 Posts
this is sad that he didn't show the rest of the message. the rest of the message" I quote" what you have seen is an additional $250.00 on top of what the car is valued at. it's sad that some people will leave out important details like this to make good people look bad.

·
Registered
255 Posts
540 is worth more than that w/o an engine, seats, lights.... pretty much just the shell itself is worth atleast 2-3k i say we go to that dealership and try and buy some 540's cuz if there giving 250 for them how much could dey b sellin em 4?

·
Kwitcherbitchin!
154 Posts
Here is their follow up e-mail (and my response) to the hit on their website (when I found the trade-in value):

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, May 02, 2008 10:52 AM
To: Turner, John
Subject: We want your 540I BMW of Columbia

Hi Mr. Turner,
I see that you are interested in trading your 540I in on a certified preowned vehicle.
We are opening a NEW CERTIFIED PREOWNED SUPER STORE. WE NEED YOUR TRADE. Our preowned manager is putting great money on the trades so that he can fill the new show room.
Now is the best time to look at new or perowned vehicles with special rate on new and used cars as low as 3.9%. If you would like to set up an appointment to come in you can call or e-mail me. You can also come in with a copy of this e-mail and received up to $1000.00 of your next purchase of your next preowned certified vehicles.
Thanks for your time and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Ken Mixon
Client Advisor
BMW of Columbia
Ph 803-404-5400
Cell 803-546-5868

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes Mr. Mixon/Mixion,
In fact, I just finished laughing about the amount your website offered for my trade-in: $250.00

My goodness, what a great deal Mr. Mixon/Mixion. I'll bet you have people running, (not just walking) to embrace these awesome trade-in deals. I'll be right there. Just stand right in the parking lot. Be there in a minute. :rofl:
I can't wait for a reply! I doubt they ever will... It'll be entertaining though :].

1 - 20 of 34 Posts