Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, why can't I lock the doors (driver side button) when I turn off the vehicle, exit and hit the lock button on the door ?

The fob will lock them and the button will too when I'm in the vehicle (running) with the door shut ??

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
IIRC, BMW's will not allow you to lock the car with the remote in it. So, it may think, with you close proximity with the key, that it's inside & won't lock. Other's can chime in here to correct me on this if I'm saying something wrong.

·
Registered
12,231 Posts
Could you have a faulty CA (comfort access) door handle? Gotta remember that there are multiple ways to lock/unlock the car but they are not all performed the same way...kind of complex in the multiple ways central locking occurs.

• You have the manual actuation of the driver's door lock using the metal blade inside the remote.
  • You have the remote fob that sends a RF signal that is picked up by an aerial (usually embedded in the rear windshield)then sent to the BDC (body domain controller) and other modules that are involved with lock/unlock
  • You have the interior central locking buttons that send data over the car's communication bus to the modules that control lock/unlock
  • And you can have the optional CA door handles which also operate differently by communicating with the fob (thru it's own aerials) then once verification occurs...commands are sent to lock/unlock the vehicle.
If the vehicle is locking/unlocking when using the other ways to lock/unlock the vehicle...then the issue may be the CA door handles. There is lots of discussion about the CA door handles across multiple BMW forums and models. You should be able to do a google search to see if you have similar issues. The CA door handles have the same basic operating parameters across multiple BMW platforms.

Here's a link to the TIS website that describes the many facets of Comfort Access:

·
Glfbggy
600 Posts
If you activate door lock with the door open, the mechanism will not lock until you close the door when you are out of the vehicle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts